Should I upgrade manually from my laptop?

2023-12-18 10:05:29 - last edited 2023-12-19 06:25:43
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.12 build20191014

this is firmware from deco app **and no any update // I dont know why?

And this is firmware on website

Should I upgrade manually from my laptop? Or this is the latest firmware in the Deco app?

My deco m9+ is router mode. I saw topic about firmware 1.6.0 include a menu schedule reboot, however I don't see it in my deco app.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Should I upgrade manually from my laptop?-Solution
2023-12-18 12:36:49 - last edited 2023-12-19 06:25:43

@mamypoko 

Deco M9 Plus firmware 1.2 is four years old. It is so old it does not have ability to be upgraded through Deco app. Instead of telling you it can't update M9 Plus firmware, Deco app says "all is OK." This is Deco app incorrect behavior.

Ability to update M9 Plus through Deco app comes with firmware 1.4.

To update M9 Plus firmware 1.2 see this document, follow Method 3: How to Update the Firmware of Deco

There are many useful features that come with current version of M9 Plus firmware, which is 1.6. To see list of features you are missing and will get after successful firmware update see this document: Understand the Differences Among Deco Firmware Platforms

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Should I upgrade manually from my laptop?-Solution
2023-12-18 12:36:49 - last edited 2023-12-19 06:25:43

@mamypoko 

Deco M9 Plus firmware 1.2 is four years old. It is so old it does not have ability to be upgraded through Deco app. Instead of telling you it can't update M9 Plus firmware, Deco app says "all is OK." This is Deco app incorrect behavior.

Ability to update M9 Plus through Deco app comes with firmware 1.4.

To update M9 Plus firmware 1.2 see this document, follow Method 3: How to Update the Firmware of Deco

There are many useful features that come with current version of M9 Plus firmware, which is 1.6. To see list of features you are missing and will get after successful firmware update see this document: Understand the Differences Among Deco Firmware Platforms

Recommended Solution
Options