EAP610 downlink does not give correct ip address from the switch
2023-12-27 13:38:34 - last edited 2023-12-29 01:45:39
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone

this is my setup below 

ER605 -> OC200

-> SG2210P -> EAP610(ROOTAP) ----wirelessbackhaul---> EAP610 (CHILD AP) ---wired thru eth port of CHILD AP---> pc 

---- other wireless connection ---> wireless clients

Notice the bedroom AP, where i connect directly my PC towards the ethernet port of the child AP (EAP610) connected via wireless backhaul towards RootAP which is powered and connected by the switch. 

Right now, the pc is getting an IP address that is not within the configured ip address (VLAN / LAN) in the omada controller. 

PC is getting an ipaddress from the subnet 192.168.1.1/24, which is nowhere in the configured networks

Above is the only networks i configured. 

I was expecting an IP from the VLAN tag 1 (192.168.100.1/24) because this is where the RootAP is connected.

Can anyone help me correct my configuration? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP610 downlink does not give correct ip address from the switch-Solution
2023-12-28 13:28:35 - last edited 2023-12-29 01:45:39

@Virgo 

I was able to fix this issue.

Main issue was i forgot that the server PC i connected the lan of ChildAP with has a static ip configuration. 

Changed it back to dynamic and it was able to get the IP of the port where the RootAP is connected. 

Now to answer your question.

No pc is not connected to the VPN router, it is connected through the childAP as seen on the diagram

Yes iis wired, in a sense, connected to the ethernet port of a child ap which is connected via wireless backhaul

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP610 downlink does not give correct ip address from the switch
2023-12-28 03:31:59

@Mikram 

Did you connect the VPN on this PC? Is it a wireless IP or wired IP address? Tried using the tracert public IP to check the outgoing traffic and route.

4. How to detect WAN exit rules (using traceroute command)

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:EAP610 downlink does not give correct ip address from the switch-Solution
2023-12-28 13:28:35 - last edited 2023-12-29 01:45:39

@Virgo 

I was able to fix this issue.

Main issue was i forgot that the server PC i connected the lan of ChildAP with has a static ip configuration. 

Changed it back to dynamic and it was able to get the IP of the port where the RootAP is connected. 

Now to answer your question.

No pc is not connected to the VPN router, it is connected through the childAP as seen on the diagram

Yes iis wired, in a sense, connected to the ethernet port of a child ap which is connected via wireless backhaul

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:EAP610 downlink does not give correct ip address from the switch
2023-12-29 01:47:22

@Mikram 

Ahhhh......Static IP, I forgot this one. blush

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options