Omada Cloud Controller Connection Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-28 22:00:21
Model: TL-SX3016F  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20230702 Rel.75554

Hello! We recently installed and configured 2 of the TP link switches, we are using ports 16 on both as trunk to one of our cisco switches here, everything works properly it is passing along traffic and VLANs correctly our devices connected to the TP link can reach internet etc. they show offline on our cloud portal though, I can ping 8.8.8.8 through the maintenance tab fine so I know traffic is reaching the outside correctly, our firewall is not blocking any traffic either, can someone point me in the right direction of what the issue might be?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada Cloud Controller Connection Issue
2023-12-28 23:13:52

It sounds like your management interface isn't configured correclty is all.  You'll have to make sure the uplinked Cisco switchport interface has your management VLAN set as native on the trunk.

Something like:
int Gi1/01
 switchport mode trunk
 switchport trunk native vlan 20 (or whatever your management vlan omada resides in )
 switchport trunk nonegotiate ( need this for non-cisco devices to trunk )

This should allow the switches to grab IPs if they are set to dhcp, or should be reachable statically if they are already set static to that network. They should then be reachable by Omada, assuming Omada is also in that management network.

The switch vlan interfaces don't work like Ciscos do.  Took me a bit to work that out.

Options
2023-12-29 00:22:17

@JdubL So i gave the TP Link a static ip on vlan 5 that is used as management, I tried your suggestion still no dice, how would port need to look to be a "trunk"

this is the current settings on the tp link port 16

switchport general allowed vlan 5,10,12,16,24,32,99,1021-1022 tagged
  switchport pvid 5

Options
2024-01-02 15:12:31 - last edited 2024-01-02 15:14:03

If you also issued the commands i listed for vlan 5 (native and nonegotiate) on the cisco side, the tp-link switch should connect to omada assuming its management settings are correct there too. Here is my port that works just fine:

!

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/47

description Uplink to SD101-SG2008

switchport trunk native vlan 2

switchport mode trunk

switchport nonegotiate

!

Vlan 2 is the management vlan where the rest of the network gear sits. You probably also would need your omada controller in that vlan if you want things to be easy from there.

Options