Simple Wifi Setup

Simple Wifi Setup

Simple Wifi Setup
Simple Wifi Setup
2024-01-02 13:09:57 - last edited 2024-01-03 00:53:16

Hello,

I am completely new to tplink Omada.

I just want to build a simple Wifi-Setup with three EAP653 AX3000 Access Points in my house.

Therefor I have three network cables (one on each floor) where I will connect them.

I will put them on a POE-Switch on the other side connected to my internal network.

they should cover "one" Wifi roaming in each other.

What else (from the three access points) do I need to get them up an running?

I have read about a Omada controller. Is this only needed to configure them (or change configuration) or is it also needed to be active during nomal usage?

If not, then it´s maybe just enough to install it on my laptop, configure them and then I do not need the controller until I want to reconfigure something?

Or must the service always be active? Must the service be there on restart of the access points (maybe because of power off of switch)?

Sorry I am completely new and I have not understood for what exactly the controller is needed for?

Also I have the question. Is it possible to configure the access points to power off all LEDs on the device?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Simple Wifi Setup
2024-01-03 07:38:30 - last edited 2024-01-03 07:39:24

Hi @steo86,

steo86 wrote

What else (from the three access points) do I need to get them up an running?

I have read about a Omada controller. Is this only needed to configure them (or change configuration) or is it also needed to be active during nomal usage?

The Omada Controller provided flexible and easily central management for your EAPs, if you need more advanced features like Mesh, Cloud Access, Portal, or one entire network, you may consider managing EAPs in controller mode. And if you search in our community, you may find some similar posts that discuss it.

Software Controller

Does Omada Need to Run Continuously and Can It Run On Two Computers?

Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post.

Also I have the question. Is it possible to configure the access points to power off all LEDs on the device?

Yes, you can disable it, we can take the standalone mode as an example:

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 195

Replies: 1

Related Articles