Mesh Connection Possibility in VIGI

2024-01-08 05:09:31 - last edited 2024-02-20 08:46:06
Model: VIGI NVR1016H   CPE210   VIGI C340  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So, I am doing whole surveillance system in a home and there are two points around which cameras will be connected one around the main house and one in a farm that is about 500 m away. I am going for the TP-Link VIGI NVR1016H 16 Channel, but i have some problems and questions.

First Solution

• Connection at the main house.
    There is a router there to which i will connect the nvr and also get one LAN into PoE from the router to the top of the house and connect Tp-Link CPE 210 (more on that later) which will be in bridge mode and act as an AP on at the main house to which i will connect all the cameras around the main house because the router connection is weak and this can also provide good wifi all over the house
  • Connection at the Farm
    Another Tp-Link CPE 210 will be at the farm receiving connection from the other one in Bridge mode and the CPE will also act as an AP and connect to all the Cameras.

My Doubts

Does the VIGI C-340 or any camera of the VIGI line up for that matter without 'W' in the name connect directly to any Wi-Fi connection or not?

Alternate Solution

I read the C340-W and its datasheet and it said about an AP/AP Client mode now that mode must be possible with the PoE ofcourse but is it possible if it is connected wirelessly instead and just given power can it connect to the Wi-Fi and act as a kind of a repeater and provide other cameras connection this way i can chain the cameras for a long distance eliminating the need for the CPE's altogether.

Please feel free to make any suggestions.
Please someone help.

I am quite new to this

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Mesh Connection Possibility in VIGI-Solution
2024-01-09 02:26:05 - last edited 2024-01-09 04:15:38

Hi @dhami_07 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

It would be great if you could draw a diagram to illustrate your issue.

To your doubts, we never recommend you use the W model to work with CPE. If you set up P2P with CPE, use the wired connection from the CPE, or WIFI from the AP that is the downlink from the CPE.

The alternative solution, no. Don't do that. Would not recommend that unless you tell me how many devices will share the bandwidth. This bandwidth would not be great and for high speed. If you insist, we will not be responsible for your poor performance. It is not a dedicated device like CPE and it may be throttled when it is working in this mode and you have many other devices connected to the camera's WIFI.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Mesh Connection Possibility in VIGI-Solution
2024-01-09 02:26:05 - last edited 2024-01-09 04:15:38

Hi @dhami_07 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

It would be great if you could draw a diagram to illustrate your issue.

To your doubts, we never recommend you use the W model to work with CPE. If you set up P2P with CPE, use the wired connection from the CPE, or WIFI from the AP that is the downlink from the CPE.

The alternative solution, no. Don't do that. Would not recommend that unless you tell me how many devices will share the bandwidth. This bandwidth would not be great and for high speed. If you insist, we will not be responsible for your poor performance. It is not a dedicated device like CPE and it may be throttled when it is working in this mode and you have many other devices connected to the camera's WIFI.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Mesh Connection Possibility in VIGI
2024-01-09 04:45:51

Thank you for Replying  @Clive_A 

On you recommendation I ditched the whole Mesh Solution

I have also attached Images Note that both CPE's will have clear line of sight with no obstruction and the distance between them is less than 500m and no other devices will be connected to the CPE's except the cameras

First Solution Clarified

I know that the TP-Link CPE 210 wont provide the best AP but if it is possible i could connect the W series to the CPE and connect other cameras to it; There would be only like 2 cameras connected to the CPE directly another around 4 cameras could be connected to the the W series Cameras acting as AP.

Alternate

I could Install a Wi-fi Repeater on both sites That I believe will fix all my problems, but that will cost significantly more I will try to avoid that if the CPE's AP mode is sufficient for the cameras.

Questions:

Q1: Which Solution would be the best?

Q2: Does the VIGI C340-W work in AP mode if it is connected to the Network via Wi-fi or does it need PoE to work in AP mode?

Q3: Does the VIGI C340 connect the the Network via Wi-Fi or does it only work on PoE?

Thank You Again Clive!!

Main Site

Farm Site 500m away 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 273

Replies: 2

Related Articles