SG2005P-PD where to enable POE injector mode?

SG2005P-PD where to enable POE injector mode?

45 Reply
Re:SG2005P-PD where to enable POE injector mode?
2024-05-01 10:10:24 - last edited 2024-05-01 10:28:40

Same problem 
SG2005P-PD + TL-POE160S / TL-POE170S (170S was bought due to I thought that 160S has not enough power budget)
PoE leds on both injectors are green.
For both injectors on SG2005P-PD I see only 19W total budget. 
Injectors is near the switch.
Cables changed too.
And if load higher 19W it disconnects "extra" load i.e. looks like SG2005P-PD firmware not correctly recognizes PoE protocols.

SG2005P-PD v1.0

Firmware Version:

1.0.1 Build 20231013 Rel.66888

OC200 2.0

FW version 2.14.4 Build 20240304 Rel.54311
Controller version 5.13.30.20

Options
2 weeks ago

@RSCW 

I tried it myself with POE170S and SG2005-PD, there is no abnormal problem with POE power supply, and the display on Controller is normal. I am using the latest version of Controlller software.

Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @VladVS @Bofh 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

VladVS wrote

Same problem 
SG2005P-PD + TL-POE160S / TL-POE170S (170S was bought due to I thought that 160S has not enough power budget)
PoE leds on both injectors are green.
For both injectors on SG2005P-PD I see only 19W total budget. 
Injectors is near the switch.
Cables changed too.
And if load higher 19W it disconnects "extra" load i.e. looks like SG2005P-PD firmware not correctly recognizes PoE protocols.

SG2005P-PD v1.0

Firmware Version:

1.0.1 Build 20231013 Rel.66888

OC200 2.0

FW version 2.14.4 Build 20240304 Rel.54311
Controller version 5.13.30.20

Per what you described, even with the POE170S, you experience the budget displaying as 19W?

Can you confirm this? Please upload a screenshot. Our team did not replicate the same issue. Another member on the forum did not experience the same issue.

The OP actually resolved the issue when he used 170S as I recall. When he switched from the UBNT injector to ours, everything worked correctly.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2 weeks ago

@Clive_A 
Now I have connected 170S, free budget is 8.3W, used 6.4W+4.3W i.e. total 19W

Options
2 weeks ago
Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @VladVS 

Noted. What's the length of your cable? From the PoE OUT to the 2005P-PD? Tried any 3ft cable, any difference?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

Usually ~10meters cable.
But right now conencted with 1m cable - no changes.
Also at least the same problem was reported by
https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/650020?replyId=1343092

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Clive_A  I have the exact same behaviour. I use a TRENDnet TPE-119GI with 95W. I got 3 devices with 2.3W, 3.7W and 7.4W and remaining 5.6W. Cable is 11m long

Options
a week ago

Hi @oeko2002 

oeko2002 wrote

@Clive_A  I have the exact same behaviour. I use a TRENDnet TPE-119GI with 95W. I got 3 devices with 2.3W, 3.7W and 7.4W and remaining 5.6W. Cable is 11m long

As discussed in the previous replies, we don't have a compatibility list and if there is an issue with the PoE budget, please consider our PoE adapter.

Secondly, use a 3ft cable for test purposes.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hi @VladVS 

VladVS wrote

@Clive_A 

Usually ~10meters cable.
But right now conencted with 1m cable - no changes.
Also at least the same problem was reported by
https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/650020?replyId=1343092

It looks like indeed a 3ft cable.

Is the cable made by hand? Or it is purchased from the market? Can you try a new cable that is machine-made?

If possible, can you give me the specs of the cable? Twisted pair information or take a clear picture of the cable where it shows the pairs.

In our lab, we tested POE170S V1 and V2 and 1-meter cable with the same firmware and the latest controller like yours. This does not occur in our environment.

Upgrade your controller as well.

Options
Related Articles