EAP215-Bridge/EAP211-Bridge KIT, The First Wireless Bridge Long-Range Access Point

EAP215-Bridge/EAP211-Bridge KIT, The First Wireless Bridge Long-Range Access Point

2024-01-10 09:00:03 - last edited 2024-01-29 11:19:22

This Article Applies to EAP215-Bridge KIT/EAP211-Bridge KIT

Hi Everyone,

We’re excited to announce the official launch of EAP215-Bridge KIT/EAP211-Bridge KIT here!

The new indoor/outdoor APs with enhanced directional antenna are designed for business scenarios such as wireless network connection/security, point-to-point, and point-to-multipoint wireless connections between distributed buildings. They can be managed uniformly through Omada Controller.

The two-pack (KIT) product supports Auto-Pairing and creates a mesh network when plugged in, which will be easy to set up.

Product Overview

Model

EAP215-Bridge KIT

EAP211-Bridge KIT

Operating Mode

PtP, PtMP (only support 4 sub-AP)

Ethernet Ports

3× Gigabit

3× Gigabit

Max. range

PtP: 5 km (16,400 ft)

PtP: 1 km (3,280 ft)

Wi-Fi band &Speed

5GHz: 867Mbps

5GHz: AC867Mbps

Antenna

2×2 dual-polarized directional MIMO antenna

2× 11 dBi (5G)

2× 7 dBi (5G)

TX power

CE:

<23dBm (5 GHz, band 1/2, EIRP);

<30dBm (5 GHz band3, EIRP);

FCC: <22dBm (5 GHz band1/4)

CE:

<23dBm (5 GHz, band 1/2, EIRP);

<28.5dBm (5 GHz band3, EIRP);

FCC: <22dBm (5 GHz band1/4)

Power Supply

24VPassive PoE and 12V DC

Max. power consumption

11.5W

11.5W

Management

5.13 or above

Software/ Hardware Controller, Omada App, Standalone/, Cloud Management

Note:

1. Maximum wireless transmission rates are the physical rates derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Range and coverage specifications, along with the number of connected devices, were defined according to test results under normal usage conditions. Actual wireless transmission rate, wireless coverage, and number of connected devices are not guaranteed and will vary as a result of 1) environmental factors, including building materials, physical objects, and obstacles; 2) network conditions, including local interference, volume and density of traffic, product location, network complexity, and network overhead; and 3) client limitations, including rated performance, location, connection quality, and client condition.

2. All products are tested in real outdoor environments. Actual range and throughput depend on the transmission power and environmental factors such as wireless interference, obstacles, weather, etc.

3. Protection against lightning and electro-static discharge may be achieved through proper product setup, grounding, and cable shielding. Refer to the instruction manual and consult an IT professional to assist with setting up this product.

4.These functions require the use of an Omada SDN controller.

Highlight Feature

• RSSI LED Thresholds: RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indicator) is a measurement of how well your device can hear a signal from an access point or router. It’s a value that is useful for determining if you have enough signal to get a good wireless connection. You can infer that the higher the RSSI value but you can infer that the higher the RSSI value is, the better the signal is. e is, the better the signal is.

How to use: You can edit the RSSI value to help evaluate the signal strength. If you set RSSI Value higher, but the less signal LEDs on sub EAPs on, that means the signal received on the sub EAP worse.

• Wireless Bridge APs: It is an option to create or show the mesh network between bridge EAPs.

How to use: Log into the web > Management > Wireless Bridge Aps > click on “Add Sub-AP”, the main EAP will auto scan the sub EAPs around it and then auto add them to the mesh network, without requiring to put in the login password of the sub EAPs.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1. Can EAP Bridge KIT model build Mesh network with ER706W/ER706W-4G EAP225-Outdoor/EAP610-Outdoor/EAP650-Outdoor and other indoor EAPs?

No. Currently it’s only support to build mesh between EAP bridge Models. You will get error message “The child AP that supports P2P must be select the parent AP that also supports P2P."

Q2. How you suggest to install the EAP Bridge KIT outside to build point to point network?

It is necessary to ensure that the field of view between the EAP-Bridge is wide, unobstructed, and within each other's Horizontal Beamwidth. It’s suggested to place the sub AP ensure face to the fronts of the Root AP, and mounted at the same height as the root AP.
You can use the compass tool on your phone to determine the installation direction. You can also evaluate signal strength via the AP's signal LED or uplink negotiated rate and adjust placement accordingly.

Q3. What is the difference between CPE710 and EAP 215-Bridge KIT?

Model

CPE710

EAP215-Bridge KIT

Usage

Indoor/outdoor use

outdoor use

Indoor & outdoor use

Setup

Manually set up, doesn’t support mesh network

Auto pair a mesh network

Hardware

Antenna Gain

23dBi

2× 11 dBi (5G)

Power Supply

24V Passive PoE Adapter

24VPassive PoE and 12VDC

Software

Operation Modes

AP / Client / AP Client Router (WISP Client) / AP Router Mode

AP Router Mode

Throughput Monitors

-

RF analysis

Spectrum Analyzer

RF scanning

Supported Controller

Pharos controller software

Omada controller

Q4. What is the difference between EAP225-Outdoor/EAP610-Outdoor/EAP650-Outdoor and EAP 215-Bridge KIT?

Model

EAP225-Outdoor/EAP610-Outdoor/EAP650-Outdoor

EAP215-Bridge KIT

Indoor/outdoor use

Indoor & outdoor use

Indoor & outdoor use

auto-pairing  

-

Antenna

Omni directional Antenna

dual-polarized directional antenna   

802.11k/v/r standard

-

Max. range

200 meters over 2.4 GHz band

300 meters over 5 GHz band

PtP: 5 km (16,400 ft)

Management

Recommend 5.5 or above

5.13 or above

Q5. When will the EAP215-Bridge KIT/EAP211-Bridge KIT be available in my region? What's the price of the EAP215-Bridge KIT/EAP211-Bridge KIT ?

This thread is mainly aimed to introduce the features of the new product. We don't have further insights into the availability or price of a specific product in certain regions. Different regions may have different sales strategies, you may check the online store or contact the local sales for the actual arrival and price of the product.

Recommended Threads

EAP770/EAP783, The First Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Omada Access Point

EAP690E HD, The First Quad-Band Wi-Fi 6E Omada Access Point.

EAP610-Outdoor, the first Omada Outdoor Wi-Fi 6 Access Point.

Introducing TP-Link First Omada Pro BE22000 Ceiling Mount Wi-Fi 7 Access Point AP9778

Welcome to share your opinions with the community and Ask about anything that you're interested in with this new launch!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
7 Reply
Re:EAP215/EAP211/EAP115-Bridge KIT, The First Wireless Bridge Long-Range Access Point
2024-01-10 15:25:19

@Hank21 

Interesting product and I like that it can be managed by Omada Controller, curious if it can be added to a site like standard meshed devices, or if it operates as its own site.

Also, it looks like you can have up to 4 sub-APs per master, but I'm struggling with how useful that is with either 35' or 70' directional antennas only available, it would perhaps have been more flexible with the option to add an omni dipole accessory so that a single master AP could support sub-APs in 360' albeit at reduced range.

Also interesting that a 2.4G access radio was not included, especially since some older/cheaper surveillance/IOT devices don't have 5.8G capability.

Thanks for the update!

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:EAP215-Bridge/EAP211-Bridge KIT, The First Wireless Bridge Long-Range Access Point
2024-02-06 12:18:59

Excited for this one. When will this be out on the market?

Options
Re:EAP215-Bridge/EAP211-Bridge KIT, The First Wireless Bridge Long-Range Access Point
2024-02-07 02:52:25

Hi @Lavouje,

Please refer to Q5:

Q5. When will the EAP215-Bridge KIT/EAP211-Bridge KIT be available in my region? What's the price of the EAP215-Bridge KIT/EAP211-Bridge KIT ?

This thread is mainly aimed to introduce the features of the new product. We don't have further insights into the availability or price of a specific product in certain regions. Different regions may have different sales strategies, you may check the online store or contact the local sales for the actual arrival and price of the product.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:EAP215/EAP211/EAP115-Bridge KIT, The First Wireless Bridge Long-Range Access Point
2024-02-27 02:17:24

@d0ugmac1 

d0ugmac1 wrote

@Hank21 

Interesting product and I like that it can be managed by Omada Controller, curious if it can be added to a site like standard meshed devices, or if it operates as its own site.

Also, it looks like you can have up to 4 sub-APs per master, but I'm struggling with how useful that is with either 35' or 70' directional antennas only available, it would perhaps have been more flexible with the option to add an omni dipole accessory so that a single master AP could support sub-APs in 360' albeit at reduced range.

Also interesting that a 2.4G access radio was not included, especially since some older/cheaper surveillance/IOT devices don't have 5.8G capability.

Thanks for the update!

I have two Omada sites right now, and it happens that in both of them the internet access is at one end of the site, and then there are several buildings (not exactly in a row) going further away in one direction. So the traditional option would be to run cables A->B, B->C, C->D or so. Or do a mesh A-B-C and hope D is in range of C. :)

In this case, I could put one EAP-21x Bridge at A, and then a client EAP-21x at B, C, D and all of them have direct routes to the internet. Of course this does mean any traffic from B to C or D would need to traverse via A. I could also put client bridges as B & D, and just run a cable from B-C or C-D. 

In short, I see a lot of utility in this design even if it's limited in angle, and I hope it's available in the US market very quickly.

Options
2024-05-07 01:17:51 - last edited 2024-05-07 01:18:22

@Hank21 I just installed the EAP211 Bridge kit and I'm having all sorts of issues. 

A. They don't seem to work with Omada PoE switches, the port doesn't recognize it's plugged in and the 211 doesn't power up.

B. Using the supplied PoE passive PS on an Omada switch it will NEVER adopt

•    Sometimes it will go Adopting, Adopting/Fail, Disconnected....then repeat over and over
  •    Sometimes the "main" unit will say Adopting in wireless mode even though it's hardwired then say Isolated and shows a list of AP's 

C. I have swapped cables, ports, and switches. I DID ge it to Adopt perfectly in 1 scenario and it and it worked every time. Plugging it into a dumb/generic 10/100 switch.

With it finally adopted I was able to update the firmware to the current release, I have hoped that this would fix the previous Adopting issue but it did not. I would leave it on the         10/100 switch but this is remote access to security cameras so the performance was horrible. I did try plugging into a 1000 dumb switch but that also resulted in the endless             adopt and fail. 

Since my distance is about 500 feet I have gone back to 2 EAP650 outdoor units and they work much better than these at this point. I do occasionally have drop-outs which is why I was looking for a better solution. 

Options
2024-05-09 05:49:01

tc944 wrote

@Hank21 I just installed the EAP211 Bridge kit and I'm having all sorts of issues. 

A. They don't seem to work with Omada PoE switches, the port doesn't recognize it's plugged in and the 211 doesn't power up.

B. Using the supplied PoE passive PS on an Omada switch it will NEVER adopt

•    Sometimes it will go Adopting, Adopting/Fail, Disconnected....then repeat over and over
  •    Sometimes the "main" unit will say Adopting in wireless mode even though it's hardwired then say Isolated and shows a list of AP's 

C. I have swapped cables, ports, and switches. I DID ge it to Adopt perfectly in 1 scenario and it and it worked every time. Plugging it into a dumb/generic 10/100 switch.

With it finally adopted I was able to update the firmware to the current release, I have hoped that this would fix the previous Adopting issue but it did not. I would leave it on the         10/100 switch but this is remote access to security cameras so the performance was horrible. I did try plugging into a 1000 dumb switch but that also resulted in the endless             adopt and fail. 

Since my distance is about 500 feet I have gone back to 2 EAP650 outdoor units and they work much better than these at this point. I do occasionally have drop-outs which is why I was looking for a better solution. 

Hi @tc944 

The EAP211-bridge only supports 12V DC / 24V Passive PoE (Passive PoE adapter included.), since all the Omada PoE switches only support standard 802.3 POE, we cannot use the Omada PoE switch to power on the EAP211-Bridge currently.

For the adoption failure issue, it looks like that the connection between the controller and EAP211-bridge was not reachable. Could you confirm that the controller will be able to communicate with the EAP211-Bridge before and after the adoption? For example, if the controller can find the EAP211-bridge is pending on devices list, but failed to adopt it, it is probably that there should be some changes on the network after adoption such as the EAP211-bridge's IP will change.

You can try to replace the EAP211-bridge to the place of the current EAP650-Outdoor, and try to see whether it works. By the way, here is a video will show you how to manage the EAP211/215-bridge via controller.

Options
2024-07-02 12:32:02 - last edited 2024-07-02 13:02:07

@Hank21 

Couple of questions before I buy bridge kits:-

I have TP-Link Omada OC200, ER706W-4G (1GB fibre), 2xCPE710, 2xSG2008P, 12xEAP650 (4 x mesh, 3xEAP650 per mesh 1uplink, 2down, 2.4Ghz access, channels alternated, 5Ghz devoted to wireless backhaul only)

1. I assume the 2 EAP devices in the kit are identical, ie. they all have 3 ports (non-PoE)?
    (I understand the primary differences of angle, distance and speed between each kit 211=70' & 1km@867mbps / 215=35' & 5km@867mbps ).
    If I buy two of the same kits can I use the total four devices as PtMP 1 main bridge paired with 3 sub-bridges? (with each sub cabled to an EAP650+PoE injector)

2. If used at an outdoors venue / live event with hundreds of people/phones will the EAP215/211 be affected by interference or are they more capable since they are better direction focused? I should clarify that the main problem for us is routing cables between masts at the event due to pedestrians and vehicles, hence the need for bridging (power is from generators in each area). The distances between each EAP650 location are at most 150m. The network is not for public use - only traders POS payments, so its low traffic and around 200 users connected.
    I guess all four EAP's in the PtMP bridge need to be on the same 5Ghz channel? (And the EAP650's I will be running as mesh will be configured on different 5Ghz channel).

3. In relation to Q2 interference: Does TP-Link make a 60Ghz PtP/PtMP bridge product?
Jim Prior Cogitare et Vivare - sit atur ad Astra (To Think is to Live - Thus reach we the Stars)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3589

Replies: 7

Related Articles