Cannot view or delete logs which can be exported

2024-01-12 13:07:31 - last edited 2024-01-15 18:54:54
Tags: #Logs
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.26.3 Build 20230906 Rel.36269

There are 10,000+ log entries on my OC200 which I would like to delete but cannot.

When on the controller, Global View, #log page > the display says "Current/Max Controller Logs: 10K+ / 10K+".

When on the controller, Site View, #log page > the display says nothing to the right of Remote Logging at the upper right.

On the Logs page for both Global and Site Views, I understand there are several ways to filter and display the log data for: Alerts (either Unarchived or Archived) and Events. 

If I go to Export Data (at either the Global or Site level) > and export the "Log List" the OC200 generates a report which contains 10,000+ entries.

Unfortunately, there are zero viewable entries from:

1. Global View > Logs page for Alerts (whether Unarchived or Archived) or Events for any time period.
  2. Site View > Logs page for Alerts (whether Unarchived or Archived) or Events for any time period.

I should be able to delete the logs but they cannot be viewed from the UI. I have been able to view and delete them in the past. 

Please tell me how the logs can be deleted. And please don't tell me not to worry about it because the system will delete 10% when it's full.

A perhaps interesting side point is all of the entries from the export are marked for the Site View, not the Global View. However, the log warning in the UI is displayed in the Global View and not in the Site View.

Thanks,

Carl

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot view or delete logs which can be exported-Solution
2024-01-15 07:06:43 - last edited 2024-01-15 18:54:54

@clangren 

First full, take a look. How to correctly Delete All Events log on Omada Controller

Additional, a newer beta you can give it a shot. Omada SDN Controller_V5.13 Beta

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot view or delete logs which can be exported-Solution
2024-01-15 07:06:43 - last edited 2024-01-15 18:54:54

@clangren 

First full, take a look. How to correctly Delete All Events log on Omada Controller

Additional, a newer beta you can give it a shot. Omada SDN Controller_V5.13 Beta

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cannot view or delete logs which can be exported
2024-01-15 18:54:25

@Virgo 

Thanks for the feedback.

I have seen that one. Should have mentioned it when I posted. A good thing to check nonetheless.

Did the beta without drama and whatever was in there for upgraded logic did the deed! No more logs.

Thanks much!

Best,

Carl

Options
Re:Cannot view or delete logs which can be exported
2024-03-25 02:16:27

@clangren I had the same problem.  I found that you can't view or delete the router logs from the Global view.  The viewable logs in Global view are only the select alerts sent up from the Site view.  Once you are in Site view you can view archive or delete selected groups of logs or delete them altogether. Hope this helps

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 167

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles