ER8411 Port Issue

ER8411 Port Issue
ER8411 Port Issue
2024-01-15 01:48:39 - last edited 2024-01-16 06:16:11
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2

Hi,

I have two WANs coming into the locartion, originally Ports WAN/LAN4 = Provider 1, WAN/LAN5 = Provider 2

I enabled port WAN/LAN6 and moved Provider 2 onto this and Provider 1 across to the WAN/LAN5

Now this work fine aslong as I use Ports LAN7 onwards as the UPLINK, if I try to use WAN/LAN4 as the UPLINK the following happens...

Connections drop all the time, struggle to get IP.

Speed drops to 1/10th of what I should get.

OMADA does not show the port as an uplink, it shows alot of other info.

It would appear the Port is sticking as a WAN/LAN4 regardless of whether or not it is enabled in OMADA, by the way I disabled it as a WAN and rebooted, same issue.

Help!

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER8411 Port Issue
2024-01-15 07:29:25

Hi @StormFusion 

Do you have a video to illustrate this issue?

It sounds like impossible.. What other stuff did you do to troubleshoot? Things like this would be either the modem or ISP limiting something to prevent you from changing to a different unknown router. (Each port is on a different MAC address.)

Any luck with the ISP?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:ER8411 Port Issue
2024-01-15 17:03:56

Hi @Clive_A 

Just to correct something I said, when the Port WAN/LAN4 was left in Wan state is when everything seemed to work, but speeds were terrible. 

Switching it off WAN mode and connecting LAN4 as an uplink to the switch in any of its ports, didn't acknowledge it as an uplink and devices would bit get IP's issued. 

I tried disconnecting router setting up as standalone and then adding back to Omada, same issue. Tried every single port on the switch, using Lan4 of router as uplink but then all devices fail, move it off LAN4 onto anything 7 or over and works fine. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 176

Replies: 2

Related Articles