Location ISP router replacement

2024-01-23 10:34:10 - last edited 2024-01-24 01:29:00
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a costumer where i have installed 5  EAP235-Wall(EU) v1.0 and one OC200 v1.0 in wifi mesh.

My problem is that the ISP router after some time it stop giving dhcp ips to new clients. if i reboot the router it works again.

So i am thinking on installing one ER605 to replace the isp router and use the it for dhcp server.

I have set one guest wifi and a private wifi. With this router is it possible to set the guest wifi to use a different ip range from the private wifi?

Is it possible in guest wifi to have a ip range set for each AP for when the client connects to the guest wifi SSID (and keep that same ip when the client moves between AP's)

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Location ISP router replacement-Solution
2024-01-23 17:20:02 - last edited 2024-01-24 01:29:00

@juliomgm 

You may want to look at the DHCP Lease times on the ISP router.  Set it to like 15-30 minute rotations.  

If you add in the 605, make sure the ISP modem is in bridge mode.  AND yes, you can configure a VLAN for the guest network.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-24 01:29:53 - last edited 2024-01-24 01:29:56

Hi @juliomgm 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Yes. I can work as a VLAN interface host. So you have multiple different subnets.

How to create multi networks and manage network behavior with ACL on Omada Gateway in standalone mode

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
2024-01-23 17:20:02 - last edited 2024-01-24 01:29:00

@juliomgm 

You may want to look at the DHCP Lease times on the ISP router.  Set it to like 15-30 minute rotations.  

If you add in the 605, make sure the ISP modem is in bridge mode.  AND yes, you can configure a VLAN for the guest network.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-24 01:29:53 - last edited 2024-01-24 01:29:56

Hi @juliomgm 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Yes. I can work as a VLAN interface host. So you have multiple different subnets.

How to create multi networks and manage network behavior with ACL on Omada Gateway in standalone mode

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 179

Replies: 2

Related Articles