Migrate Software Controller to Hardware Controller

2024-01-24 16:44:42
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.26.3 Build 20230906 Rel.36269

I recently bought an OC200 hardware controller and I cannot migrate from the software controller to the hardware controller due to the difference in versions. When is V5.13.22 scheduled to be released on the device?
How can I upgrade the version manually?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Migrate Software Controller to Hardware Controller
2024-01-24 18:21:39

@DaveIT 

Use the Site MIgration wizard to move a site from your old controller to your new controller.  It's the most dependable way to change platforms or cross versions and it retains all of your custom site config.  The only thing that's 'new' is the controller instance itself, ie it's name, how it's cloud connected, possibly it's IP address.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:Migrate Software Controller to Hardware Controller
2024-01-25 04:00:56

Hello @DaveIT,

We released a new pre-released firmware version of OC200 several days ago, you may upgrade the OC200 to v5.13.24 first and do the migration. The below post is for your reference: Omada SDN Controller_V5.13 Beta (Updated on Nov 23rd, 2023)

In our community, you will find some helpful labels when searching for specific topics. Allow me to introduce them:

Early Access: all early access firmware releases here, provide you with pre-release software that allows you to experience the new features and updates of TP-Link products before its official release.

Solution: This label provides a list of all currently available solutions to product line-related issues.

Official Release: As the name implies, this label lists all official firmware versions that have been released, including both current and historical releases.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options