Passthrough powerline drop out

2024-02-03 17:42:12 - last edited 2024-02-04 10:55:19
Model: TL-PA8010P KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have an AV1300 Passthrough Powerline installation with an ethernet connections to service 

a) CCTV camera

and

b) my PC.....  which has dropped out. and the reason for this note

..with a third unit connected to my router ... all on the same electrical installation and circuit.

The unit that dropped out has good connections , has two solid lights but shows up on my PC as 'unidentified network'. Further the ethernet setting on my PC will not take the BT Interenet reference.  Additionally  I have tried switching on and off both the unit and PC to no avail .

Wi Fi works generally , but not via ethernet powerline anymore to my PC. The only observation was that recently the router channel was changed from 11 to 1 upon advice from HIVE to counter dropouts which that cured. There has been however no impact on the other two powerline units.

Any suggestions on how I might get the ethernet connection back to my PC (because it is faster ) would be welcomed . Thank you in advance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Passthrough powerline drop out-Solution
2024-02-04 09:26:59 - last edited 2024-02-04 10:55:19

@William46 

Hi, you have three TL-PA8010P units in total, right? 

You mentioned that there is two lights on the dropped unit, please confirm if they are power and Ethernet LEDs, if so, the powerline light off means it is not paired with other powerline units, please try to pair it again with one of the other powerline unit via pair button.

How to secure (pair) the Powerline Network

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Passthrough powerline drop out-Solution
2024-02-04 09:26:59 - last edited 2024-02-04 10:55:19

@William46 

Hi, you have three TL-PA8010P units in total, right? 

You mentioned that there is two lights on the dropped unit, please confirm if they are power and Ethernet LEDs, if so, the powerline light off means it is not paired with other powerline units, please try to pair it again with one of the other powerline unit via pair button.

How to secure (pair) the Powerline Network

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Passthrough powerline drop out
2024-02-04 10:37:08
Thank-you .... your suggestion worked. I was confused thinking the pairing was complete , as the unit was highlighted on my PC but internet not named. Appreciated the quick response .
Options
Re:Passthrough powerline drop out
2024-02-04 10:55:42

@William46 

Thanks a lot for the update, glad to hear that the issue is resolved!

Options