mDNS not working between VLANS

2024-02-05 16:53:58
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

I am having an issue configuring mDNS between 2 VLANs in my Omada setup.

Controller

Controller Version 5.12.9

Model OC200 1.0

Firmware Version 1.26.3 Build 20230906 Rel.36269

Router:

Version 1.3.1

Model ER605 v1

Firmware version 1.3.1 Build 20231207 Rel.61384

I have a main management VLAN ( ID 1) and an IoT VLAN (ID 2).

My Homepod sits on the main network along with all the clients (iPhones, Mac etc) and on the IoT VLAN I have a garage door switch, and a few cameras.

I do not have any ACLs blocking traffic between the VLANs, I can ping 192.168.2.x from 192.168.0.x

While connected to my management network with the Discover-SD app I see a bunch of mDNS services (Homekit, printing etc) and when connected to my IoT network I see  Homekit and a custom _ewelink protocol (my garrage door). 

I would expect with the rule above to see the _ewelink mDNS advertisments flow through but they do not.

Are there other settings that I need to do ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:mDNS not working between VLANS
2024-02-06 01:11:09

Hi @andrei.cmn 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Please read this and follow it. If the issue persists, please paste the result of each step in it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 225

Replies: 1

Related Articles