Starting in Networks and Omada - From 0 to 100.

2024-02-07 05:38:19 - last edited 2024-02-08 03:51:01
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.4

Friends,

Good morning everybody!

I'm in Brazil and I needed guidance from everyone who could.
I have little understanding of networks. I'm looking to improve this with Omada and some studies. However, I realize that each brand and product model has its own particularities.

I have an ER605 V2 Router. I'm currently looking to buy a more recent TP-Link Jetstream TL-SG2008 switch, in order to configure VLANs that can talk to each other via trunk. I know this device does this very easily and Omada-friendly.

The questions I have are:

1- I noticed that there are ways to configure VLANs on the router. For when we use Omada or a TP-Link switch that does not have Omada or is from other manufacturers. Are there tutorials on how to make these settings?

2- Still on the previous question, is there a tutorial area on configurations on TP-Link Omada and TP-Link products?

3- Regarding the TP-Link Jetstream TL-SG2008, from what I noticed it would be great to manage it through Omada and this is still my intention. With non-Omada equipment like my TL-SG105PE I can interconnect the VLANs without needing equipment with Omada. I just need to understand the settings and work with them. Correct? I believe that my thinking is not wrong.

4- Regarding the previous item, can I get any documentation that teaches this? Both the configuration on the router and on the non-Omada switch?

5- About communication between VLANs. Is it possible to configure two VLANs or more communication VLANs and decide whether communication will be unilateral and/or bilateral between them?

All help is very welcome.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Starting in Networks and Omada - From 0 to 100.-Solution
2024-02-08 02:02:51 - last edited 2024-02-08 03:51:01

@Artur.Aragao 

Tutorials are a dime a dozen on tplink official website and this forum, if you search hard enough.

Just an example. Omada Configuration Videos (VPN, VLAN, ACL-Related)

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Starting in Networks and Omada - From 0 to 100.-Solution
2024-02-08 02:02:51 - last edited 2024-02-08 03:51:01

@Artur.Aragao 

Tutorials are a dime a dozen on tplink official website and this forum, if you search hard enough.

Just an example. Omada Configuration Videos (VPN, VLAN, ACL-Related)

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Starting in Networks and Omada - From 0 to 100.
2024-02-08 03:50:54

@Virgo

Haha ha!
Thank you my friend.
I took advantage.
God bless you so much for your enormous kindness.

Options