ER8411 Open VPN issues and Wireguard

2024-02-09 16:11:10 - last edited 2024-02-18 01:40:27
Tags: #VPN
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

I have OpenVPN server setup and I can connect via my iphone using the created config and all works well and can connect to other devices on the network as well as the WAN on the device. I installed OpenVPN on an android cell phone for a client and I am able to connect but this device is unable to connect to internet nor any devices on the LAN. I have tried every idea I can think of and cannot get this configuration to work on android. Using pfsense I was able to get the openvpn to work on each device very easily but switched over to Omada to have a SDN. Because this device was able to connect in a usable fashion to the pfsense openvpn config and not omada this points me to thinking the router is the issue.

So now I have setup Wireguard as a replacement. I setup both the server and peer in Omada then the device (interface + peer) and it does a handshake. It was working fine for a week and now somehow its just gone down so the clients do not get internet nor can they connect to another device. I honestly do not know where to start as I have followed the instructions of setting this up and it was working and just stopped. Seems like a software bug but hard to say without proof. Typically something doesnt just break while sitting there not being used.

This network is very flat so everything is on the 192.168.1.x subnet and the wireguard is on 192.168.2.x subnet by itself and with its peers.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:ER8411 Open VPN issues and Wireguard-Solution
2024-02-16 18:24:04 - last edited 2024-02-18 01:40:27

@Tedd404 

I think that OpenVPN solution is discussed here

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/653224

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-18 01:42:20 - last edited 2024-02-18 01:43:07

Hi @qiuzman 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

In case you don't know we have such guides. Use Configuration Guide as the label and search for it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:ER8411 Open VPN issues and Wireguard
2024-02-11 12:37:59

@qiuzman 

This is merely an issue description instead of providing details for troubleshooting and finding fault.

I don't know what I can do in this situation.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2024-02-16 18:24:04 - last edited 2024-02-18 01:40:27

@Tedd404 

I think that OpenVPN solution is discussed here

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/653224

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-18 01:42:20 - last edited 2024-02-18 01:43:07

Hi @qiuzman 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

In case you don't know we have such guides. Use Configuration Guide as the label and search for it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles