Port Gi1/0/x was blocked

Port Gi1/0/x was blocked

Port Gi1/0/x was blocked
Port Gi1/0/x was blocked
2024-02-11 05:33:21 - last edited 2024-02-18 02:00:30
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20240117 Rel.57421

I have SG2210P v5.20 switch and 3 Ports keeps on blocking. Anybody who could help me fix my network problem?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Port Gi1/0/x was blocked-Solution
2024-02-18 02:04:23 - last edited 2024-02-18 02:05:37

Hi @Ric04jan72 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Like Tedd wrote, it is an issue with the loop. When the switch detects the loop, it'll auto-trigger the STP and block this port. And subsequently generates this log.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-29 10:37:51 - last edited 2024-03-01 01:26:42

I appreciate your help. My problem had been fixed.

I replaced all the network cables passing thru the ceiling going to my APs. It maybe bitten by rats.

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:Port Gi1/0/x was blocked
2024-02-11 12:11:34 - last edited 2024-03-01 01:26:37

@Ric04jan72 

First, fix your loop and it fixes your block.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2024-02-18 02:01:48

Hi @Ric04jan72 

Like Tedd wrote, it is an issue with the loop. When the switch detects the loop, it'll auto-trigger the STP and block this port. And subsequently generates this log.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-02-18 02:04:23 - last edited 2024-02-18 02:05:37

Hi @Ric04jan72 

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-18 03:28:10

@Clive_A 

I don't understand why a loop occurs in network

I have only 3 switches and only use 1 LAN Cable each switch for the uplink. Switch 2 & 3 uplink to Switch 1

Switch 1 -  TP-Link SG2210P

Switch 2 - TP Link SG1024

Swtich 3 - CISCO SG95-24

Options
2024-02-18 03:44:17

Hi @Ric04jan72 

Ric04jan72 wrote

@Clive_A 

I don't understand why a loop occurs in network

I have only 3 switches and only use 1 LAN Cable each switch for the uplink. Switch 2 & 3 uplink to Switch 1

Switch 1 -  TP-Link SG2210P

Switch 2 - TP Link SG1024

Swtich 3 - CISCO SG95-24

APs are Omada EAP? Any mesh?

Options
2024-02-19 04:06:53

@Clive_A 

Thanks for helping me.

All APs are EAP610 and EAP225 and no mesh. All are wired to switch.

Options
2024-02-19 05:40:59 - last edited 2024-02-19 05:42:54

Hi @Ric04jan72

Ric04jan72 wrote

@Clive_A 

Thanks for helping me.

All APs are EAP610 and EAP225 and no mesh. All are wired to switch.

If there is no mesh, I can rule out that possible cause for EAP mesh which may trigger the STP. So, still the loop on the physical level. Run the cables one by one and find them where they end.

If you don't believe this, you can turn off STP/RSTP on the Omada switches and see if your network shuts down or not due to the network storm. If it gradually stops, and everything does not work, then it is the loop.

Update: hold on a sec. You say you don't have mesh, but why you have EAP isolated?? Isn't that mesh? Only mesh AP would generate that log.

Options
2024-02-19 06:42:45

Hi  @Clive_A 

Here is my latest log today, I observed that once a port is block, all APs connected to that port will be isolated.

Port 8 is the uplink of my 2nd switch where the 2 APs where connected.

Isolated APs from my previous Pictures where already removed physically from my switch to isolate the problem.

I myself where the one who made the wirings, so I know where the wire ends.

Already turned off the STP few days ago. Will try to off the RSTP today.

If I changed my omada switch to unmanaged gigabit switch, will it fix my problem?

Once again, thank you for your help. 

Options
2024-02-29 10:37:51 - last edited 2024-03-01 01:26:42

I appreciate your help. My problem had been fixed.

I replaced all the network cables passing thru the ceiling going to my APs. It maybe bitten by rats.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 256

Replies: 9

Related Articles