ER7212PC with Software Controller?

2024-02-20 07:11:46 - last edited 2024-02-21 02:38:01
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey Guys!

Im currently using the ER7212PC for my Home Network. It suits perfectly my UseCase with just 3 AP and 1 Switch. Im just noticing while everything works fine, that the Controller-part is horrible slow... Im thinkin about using a Software Controller on my ProxMox. Is it possible to migrate the ER7212PC to the Software Controller? Or is the better way to exchange the ER7212PC into a OMADA Router & POE Switch? I would prefer to just use a Software Controller - because everything works fine - but i think the ER7212PC is outdated in some parts..

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER7212PC with Software Controller?-Solution
2024-02-21 02:37:58 - last edited 2024-02-21 02:40:19

Hi @Zombiekrebs 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

My best suggestion is to use the Router + Switch + Controller.

ER7212PC was meant for users like very small networks and those looking for an all-in-one solution with basic network needs. It was originally targeting the market like the 7/11 or any convenient-store-like network.

Its performance would not catch up with the solution above if your entries and devices are getting more and more.

In essence, the controller backup is universal. However, I did not have the ER7212PC for the test. If this backup exported is marked as "er7212pc", that should not work with the controller like software or hardware.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:ER7212PC with Software Controller?-Solution
2024-02-21 02:37:58 - last edited 2024-02-21 02:40:19

Hi @Zombiekrebs 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

My best suggestion is to use the Router + Switch + Controller.

ER7212PC was meant for users like very small networks and those looking for an all-in-one solution with basic network needs. It was originally targeting the market like the 7/11 or any convenient-store-like network.

Its performance would not catch up with the solution above if your entries and devices are getting more and more.

In essence, the controller backup is universal. However, I did not have the ER7212PC for the test. If this backup exported is marked as "er7212pc", that should not work with the controller like software or hardware.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER7212PC with Software Controller?
2024-03-22 13:32:06

Are there any updates planned for this device.. is there some kind of roadmap?

Options