IPTV Problems : Multicast / IGMP Snooping

2024-02-25 01:14:07
Model: EAP235-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V3.3

Hello support/community,

I'm having some trouble with IPTV configuration through Omada Business network.

The network is build up from TP-Link business routers, business switces, with OC300 as a hardware controller.

The far-end access points, throughout end-user offices and rooms are EAP235-Wall (Hardware version 1).

For proper operation of IPTV service, the access-points need to have multicast option enabled (cant find it through omada's admin panel)

Is it possible to enable multicast or IGMP snooping on EAP234-Wall access point device?

Are there any beta firmware updates that allow this function to work properly?

It is very important to us as the whole network is built on professional business TP-link infrastructure, cumulatively consisting of 5 optical switches, 40JetStream managed switches, which all allow multicast - except the end-users access point.

Hoping to get some answers and this problem resolved.

Kind regards.

Options
4 Reply
Re:IPTV Problems : Multicast / IGMP Snooping
2024-02-25 10:10:53

@MJoksimovic 

This is switch and gateway settings, 

do you have information about 

switch type and firmware

router type and firmware

and controller type and firmware version?

In general 

IGMP is set on interface config

IGMP proxy is set on services and IPTV

Options
2024-02-26 07:47:40

@MR.S 

The network infrastructure is given below:

[Internet] -> [Router] -> [Optical Switch] -> [Switch] -> [Access Point]

[Controller        ]: OC300 v1.0, Firmware 5.12.9, Firmware 1.19.3 Build 20230906 Rel.38429

[             Router]: ER7206                  , Hadware version  1.0, Firmware version 1.2.3   (update-able up to 1.3.0)

[Optical Switch]: TL-SX3016F          , Hardware version 1.0, Firmware version 1.0.1   (update-able up to 1.20.1)

[             Switch]: TL-SG3452XP       , Hardware version 1.0, Firmware version 1.0.6  (update-able up to 1.0.7)

[   Access Point]: EAP235-Wall(EU), Hardware version 1.0, Firmware version 3.1.0  (update-able up to 3.1.1)

Thanks in advance

Options
2024-02-26 15:08:02
I would suggest enable the IPTV setting within the 7206. After upgrading the router to the newest firmware version. Then retest. You may want to look into a stronger in wall AP.
I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2024-03-06 17:48:53

@MJoksimovic I have a similar issue.

It appears the IGMP proxy doesn't work on Omada ER7206 if using a PPPOE interface for WAN connection. If I swap to using my ISP provided router between my ONT and ER7206 then swap to a static IP on the WAN of the 7206 everything works. 

I think this is a similar issue to what Ubiquiti were seeing where you need a secondary IP set on the WAN interface so as t receive the packets for the IGMP and the proxy to work properly as they don't come over the PPPoE service.

Options