Open VPN can't see wireless clients

2024-02-28 16:26:43
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20240117 Rel.57421

I set up an open VPN connection which looks to be working correctly, but when I log in via the VPN, I can not ping wireless clients within the network.  It pings wired clients fine and both wired and wireless clients are on the same subnet.  The wireless network is not set up as a guest network.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

VPN Settings:

Wireless Network Settings:

Options
4 Reply
Re:Open VPN can't see wireless clients
2024-02-29 01:27:29

Hi @SurfBikeClimb 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. Expected behavior. Is the gateway pingable? If it is, then the VPN works. Consider the firewall on your devices.

2. Search online for related possible solutions.

3. VPN routing does not show that. VPN routing is different from Network Discovery. That's expected as well.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-14 18:09:41

@Clive_A thank you for your response. 

It looks to be related to how the networks are set up, not on the VPN side.  I hardwired the clients I needed to reach via the VPN, and the immediate problem was solved.  

However, the isolation of the Wi-Fi clients is still an issue. I can ping the gateway from both wired and wireless networks, but I can not see wireless clients from wired clients. However, I can see wired clients from wireless ones.  The network setup is still the same as the original post, with the guest network not being enabled.

Any ideas on what could be causing the issue?

Options
2024-03-15 02:32:18

Hi @SurfBikeClimb 

SurfBikeClimb wrote

It looks to be related to how the networks are set up, not on the VPN side.  I hardwired the clients I needed to reach via the VPN, and the immediate problem was solved.  

However, the isolation of the Wi-Fi clients is still an issue. I can ping the gateway from both wired and wireless networks, but I can not see wireless clients from wired clients. However, I can see wired clients from wireless ones.  The network setup is still the same as the original post, with the guest network not being enabled.

Very obscure description. Where do you not see them listed as not-discoverable?

As I said in Network Discovery?

You should paste a picture of that.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-20 06:18:16

Hi @SurfBikeClimb 

SurfBikeClimb wrote

Devs are interested in your case. Please let me know what kind of discovery you are referring to. And will share the information with the dev team.

Options