Slow internet transfer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow internet transfer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow internet transfer
Slow internet transfer
2024-03-04 11:36:26 - last edited 2024-03-05 06:03:05
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hello. I need help with my EAP110. My main router is 1Gbps connection however my EAP110 only transfers about 30Mbps.

I follow all the tutorials and available videos on youtube, and they get around 80-90 Mbps speed.

I didn't use bandwidth allocation to my device.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Slow internet transfer-Solution
2024-03-05 05:48:19 - last edited 2024-03-05 06:03:05

Hi @AceHome 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

EAP110-Outdoor is an Access Point (AP) with a 100Mbps Ethernet port.

Based on the information provided, it is theoretically normal for the wireless speed to reach around 80Mbps despite the AP having a 100Mbps Ethernet port.

It's important to note that there are various factors in wireless networks that can affect actual transmission speeds. These include but are not limited to device distance, signal interference, obstacles, and other wireless devices.

Furthermore, even if an AP has a 100Mbps Ethernet port, it doesn't mean that each connected device will simultaneously receive full utilization of that bandwidth. Bandwidth is shared among connected devices and they compete for its usage.

In summary, achieving around 80Mbps in your described situation can be considered relatively normal. If you're still dissatisfied with the wireless speed, we suggest optimizing the positioning for better signal quality, reducing interference from other electronic devices or objects, and ensuring the use of high-performance and compatible WiFi adapters.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-05 06:48:35 - last edited 2024-03-05 06:51:25

@AceHome 

Leave the channel on Auto, but set the Bandwidth to 20Mhz, reboot AP.  Depending on how much RF noise in your neighbourhood, you should hit 50-80Mbps if you are that close.  90Mpbs is pretty much the best I've ever managed on 2.4G in any of my environments at 20Mhz width.  You don't want to go wider (40Mhz+) in noisy environments...you don't get any more radio power, you just spread it more thinly over the RF spectrum and you don't need much contention/corruption before your throughput really sucks due to retransmits and collisions.

That said, even 30Mbps is enough to stream 4K video :)

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Slow internet transfer
2024-03-04 21:47:57

@AceHome 

Not enough detail to provide any kind of useful response.  Some questions to guide you in the required level of detail, before any suggestion can be made:

- what device are you testing the end user performance with

- how far from the AP are you (wirelessly speaking)

- are there a lot of other APs in the neighbourhood

- what's the router's uplink connection to the internet

- what app or site or methodology are you using to test the speed of the device

- what channel BW is your AP set at

- did you pick a radio channel or is it on auto

Options
2024-03-05 05:48:19 - last edited 2024-03-05 06:03:05

Hi @AceHome 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

EAP110-Outdoor is an Access Point (AP) with a 100Mbps Ethernet port.

Based on the information provided, it is theoretically normal for the wireless speed to reach around 80Mbps despite the AP having a 100Mbps Ethernet port.

It's important to note that there are various factors in wireless networks that can affect actual transmission speeds. These include but are not limited to device distance, signal interference, obstacles, and other wireless devices.

Furthermore, even if an AP has a 100Mbps Ethernet port, it doesn't mean that each connected device will simultaneously receive full utilization of that bandwidth. Bandwidth is shared among connected devices and they compete for its usage.

In summary, achieving around 80Mbps in your described situation can be considered relatively normal. If you're still dissatisfied with the wireless speed, we suggest optimizing the positioning for better signal quality, reducing interference from other electronic devices or objects, and ensuring the use of high-performance and compatible WiFi adapters.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-05 06:37:21 - last edited 2024-03-05 06:42:25

Not enough detail to provide any kind of useful response. Some questions to guide you in the required level of detail, before any suggestion can be made:

- what device are you testing the end user performance with = Narzo 50

- how far from the AP are you (wirelessly speaking) = it's besides me.

- are there a lot of other APs in the neighbourhood = I think so but I check the wifi interference using a wifi analyzer, and my wifi strength is much stronger than theirs.

- what's the router's uplink connection to the internet - 10/100 Mbps

- what app or site or methodology are you using to test the speed of the device = I'm using Fast.com and Speedtest by ookla

- what channel BW is your AP set at = it's on auto.

- did you pick a radio channel or is it on auto = yup it's auto.

for further information, I didn't change anything from the settings of my EAP110. I tested it out of the box after configuring it to my main wifi.

Options
2024-03-05 06:39:52
based on your answer, yup it's normal to get around 80 mbps, I didn't want to get the full 100mbps transfer link of the EAP110. I'm the only user because I'm testing it. and for position, it's on my table and i'm testing it infront of my laptop and pc, and they got 30-35 Mbps max speed.
Options
2024-03-05 06:48:35 - last edited 2024-03-05 06:51:25

@AceHome 

Leave the channel on Auto, but set the Bandwidth to 20Mhz, reboot AP.  Depending on how much RF noise in your neighbourhood, you should hit 50-80Mbps if you are that close.  90Mpbs is pretty much the best I've ever managed on 2.4G in any of my environments at 20Mhz width.  You don't want to go wider (40Mhz+) in noisy environments...you don't get any more radio power, you just spread it more thinly over the RF spectrum and you don't need much contention/corruption before your throughput really sucks due to retransmits and collisions.

That said, even 30Mbps is enough to stream 4K video :)

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-05 06:51:48
I will try this. Thank you so much!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 540

Replies: 6

Related Articles