OpenVPN Broken after Controller Update

2024-03-06 20:53:18
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.13.24

I recently updated my Omada OC200 Controller to Firmware Version 5.13.24. After the update my OpenVPN Client-to-site Servers are no longer working.

I had 3 OpenVPN servers running, each tied to the correct network (VLAN). I had a user complain that he could no longer connect via OpenVPN. I began by attempting to restart the servers. When trying to toggle them back to the "On" state, I got an error stating the Port was already in use. This is incorrect, because I specified a specific port per server which followed my VLAN numbering scheme (21194,31194,61194). Either way, I remade the servers with different ports to get around this error. I exported the new profile and input it into the OpenVPN client, and can no longer connect to the VPN.

These VPN's were functioning fine before the update, now I cannot find a reason why they are no longer working.

An example of one of my VPN Server's Settings.

Name: AdminVPN

Purpose: Client-to-Site VPN

VPN Type: VPN Server - OpenVPN

Account Password: Enable

Tunnel Mode: Full

Protocol: UDP

Service Port: 51194

Authentication Mode: Local

WAN: WAN/LAN4

IP Pool: 192.168.60.0/24

Primary DNS: Blank

Secondary DNS: Blank

Router is an ER8411.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to iterate that VPN access is critical for our business operations, and a simple controller update should not break these settings.

Options
1 Reply
Re:OpenVPN Broken after Controller Update
2024-03-07 02:26:58

Hi @D1LLeX 
Thanks for posting in our business forum.
Except for the complaint on the router update, anything else you checked?

Treat it like a problem like it does not work ever.

You should also check if the firmware of the router is up-to-date.

And you actually tested it yourself with it, that right based on your description?

What system do you use? Do you find this article on the router page?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options