OVPN Client not importing .ovpn file

OVPN Client not importing .ovpn file

15 Reply
Re:OVPN Client not importing .ovpn file
2024-03-13 19:37:53

@Sunshine 
Yeah I see now that for some reason the BETA wont apply on my router? 
Never had any issue updating the router before, tried a manual restart as well with no change. 

Uploads and reboots but no change of firmware?? 

https://youtu.be/7IHKzqAodBs

Either the firmware that's on there is wonky or some weird fault has appeared on my unit :/ 

Options
2024-03-13 19:53:05 - last edited 2024-03-13 20:03:38

Ok, seems there is something wrong with my router, I can't downgrade the firmware to 

Archer AX55(EU)_V1_1.2.3 Build 20230603

Have to see if a full reset will solve it perhaps, seems odd that any upload seems to fail in some way. 

EDIT:

Hmm is uploading blocked from remote access without a notice? I will try the update in person tomorrow but there is no indication or error trying to do it over remote. However when planing for the reset I noticed that both backup and restore has a block for doing that with remote login but also put up a clear sign saying that it is blocked.

Hopefully it works tomorrow in person but if it is blocked from remote then it should not upload and fake apply it? Might be worth throwing in a info pop up like on backup/restore? 

Options
2024-03-20 21:33:39

@Sunshine The BETA version works with openvpn client, thank you. 

Seems that remote upload is blocked but not informed about for updates, client.ovpn might have been the same issue.

Options
2024-03-21 02:05:01

Ungineered wrote

@Sunshine The BETA version works with openvpn client, thank you. 

Seems that remote upload is blocked but not informed about for updates, client.ovpn might have been the same issue.

@Ungineered 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update.

Do you mean the client.ovpn issue happens only when you manage the router remotely? The same for both previous firmware and also the beta firmware?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:OVPN Client not importing .ovpn file -Solution
2024-03-21 19:20:51 - last edited 2024-04-08 09:47:42

@Ungineered 

You are right, when trying to upload an *.ovpn file via remote connection the router should display an error message. The screenshot below was taken from an AX53 V1.

Recommended Solution
Options
Related Articles