Home Shield Pro role setting file corrupted

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-07 12:18:57 - last edited 2022-10-07 12:21:02
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20220621 rel.71166(5457)

Hi, Anyone suffered the role setting file of Home Shield Pro in Tether App corrupted and cannot edit it. When you touch the role setting button, it showed the content about 1 second and immediately jump to "My Devices" page. You can select the device and enter the "Home Shield" page. But it will jump back to "My Devices" again when you touch the role setting. It becomes the infinite loop! Please share me your experience! Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Home Shield Pro role setting file corrupted
2022-10-08 09:08:21

@SkyHsu 

Can you confirm what is the OS version of the phone, and how about the version of the Tether APP?

If possible, please try installing the Tether APP on another phone, then try to check if the HomeShield Parental Control settings can be modified.

BTW, are there any special characters when creating the profile or role? Try using simple letters or numbers to observe if the issue persists.

Options
2022-10-08 09:53:47

@Kevin_Z The OS version of the phone is Android 10 and the Tither version is 3.7.2. I tried another phone and got similar symptom. It showed additional message that "Tether already stopped work". Aout the special characters, I use Traditional Chinese words because the default naming also use it. I can try the pure english later. However, I think may not be the root cause because the profile work properly in the begining.

Options
2022-10-08 12:01:59

@SkyHsu 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info.

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 471

Replies: 3