Create multiple gateways Omada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-12 15:51:14 - last edited 2024-03-13 09:22:04
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good morning,

i have a couple of network where there is a router (ER7206) as gateway managed by Omada controller.
In the settings i have a main network (ex. 192.168.10.1/24 ) in "Interface purpose" with DHCP and all the ports are with "All profiles".

I would like create 1 or 2 new networks (ex. 192.168.20.1/24) without DHCP to permit the comunication beetween some devices with fixed IP and 192.168.10.1/24. I don't want create profile on the ports of the router or of the switches for different reasons (I don't know the port for these devices and these devices could be connected to switches without layer 2/3).
How can i solve it?
I tried to create a new wired network (ex. 192.168.20.1/24) in "Interface purpose" but I can't ping the gateway in any way.
I hope i am been clear and thank you for any advice.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Create multiple gateways Omada-Solution
2024-03-13 09:20:36 - last edited 2024-03-13 09:22:04

Hi @IT_nwtDep

IT_nwtDep wrote

@Clive_A 

My question was to find a working solution without physical changes. Is there in some way this solution?

You should check what the Ethernet adapter can do on the computer. It's beyond my job and I cannot offer any suggestions. If you gotta use it, then this adapter should be set to as tagged and with VLAN ID. That's what you should do with the adapter.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Create multiple gateways Omada
2024-03-13 01:44:15 - last edited 2024-03-13 02:28:30

Hi @IT_nwtDep 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Are you looking for this?

Omada SDN Video-How to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs with TP-Link Omada SDN Products

Or FAQ and CG.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-03-13 07:42:08 - last edited 2024-03-13 07:42:33

@Clive_A 

Thank you for the answer, I have already saw the video and the post.

As written on my first post I want that all the networks will be accessible from any port. If I leave the ports in "All profile", the secondary network doesn't work.

Options
2024-03-13 08:07:02

Hi @IT_nwtDep 

IT_nwtDep wrote

@Clive_A 

Thank you for the answer, I have already saw the video and the post.

As written on my first post I want that all the networks will be accessible from any port. If I leave the ports in "All profile", the secondary network doesn't work.

If you want me to find out what's wrong, upload pictures of your setup for me. Diagram as well.

There is nothing I can do with your plain description. I read it twice after the time you posted it, and I can only see a description of a plain fact. There is nothing specific. I also don't know how good your VLAN knowledge is.

If you don't bother re-examining your network, that'd be the best and most straightforward way to fix the problem here.

Or you may take a look at the guideline before the post in my signature on how-to get things resolved quickly.

Options
2024-03-13 09:05:28 - last edited 2024-03-13 09:06:53

@Clive_A 

My knowledge of VLAN is not good and I think the problem is there.

Here a simple diagram (all devices must be connected together). Where is the error? The "All profile" (by default) in the switch L2 port is setted with Untagged Vlan 10 and Tagged Vlan 20. This can't work but how can I solve it in this situation?

Options
2024-03-13 09:08:16

Hi @IT_nwtDep 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

IT_nwtDep wrote

@Clive_A 

My knowledge of VLAN is not good and I think the problem is there.

Here a simple diagram (all devices must be connected together). Where is the error? The "All profile" (by default) in the switch L2 port is setted with Untagged Vlan 10 and Tagged Vlan 20. This can't work but how can I solve it?

Of course it does not work. I have marked it in the picture. This port should be set with the PVID and use the untagged port.

Options
2024-03-13 09:17:29

@Clive_A 

My question was to find a working solution without physical changes. Is there in some way this solution?

Options
Re:Create multiple gateways Omada-Solution
2024-03-13 09:20:36 - last edited 2024-03-13 09:22:04

Hi @IT_nwtDep

IT_nwtDep wrote

@Clive_A 

You should check what the Ethernet adapter can do on the computer. It's beyond my job and I cannot offer any suggestions. If you gotta use it, then this adapter should be set to as tagged and with VLAN ID. That's what you should do with the adapter.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-13 09:29:09

@Clive_A 

Thank you for your patience, I will try to upgrade the switch unmanaged in switch layer 2 or change physical layout. The ethernet adapter is not so advanced.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 559

Replies: 8

Related Articles