VIGI C240 FTP upload not working

2024-03-13 10:32:26 - last edited a week ago
Model: VIGI C240  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 Build 231122 Rel.36207n

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get my camera (VIGI C240) to use the smart events to count the cars in front of my house. With the new firmware I should be able to upload pictures to an FTP. But somehow the events do not get triggered, or are unable to be transfered to the FTP. Can someone help me with this.

For the smart events I used vehicle detection and line crossing detection. The line crossing detection settings are in the screenshots. First I tried only vehicle detection, then together with human detection. Now I only do the line crossing and I tried with or without vehicle and human classification on.

The FTP settings are checked via the camera, and a test file is created without a problem. But I cannot see any event images. There is no SD card in the camera. What am I doing wrong?

Camera information

FTP settings

Line crossing settings

FTP files

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:VIGI C240 FTP upload not working-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

screenshot@Poedersuiker 

Hello everyone,
I had the same problem but found that it’s necessary to go to Network Settings > FTP Settings, where you’ll find a tab called Upload. There, you need to enable Recording Schedule and set it to Event Recording. Below that, you can choose what to upload: video and images. After setting that up, everything should work fine.

One suggestion for the development team: it would be great if the capture could match the full resolution of the camera. I’m using the new 2K and 4K cameras, but the image is only 640x360 pixels, making it difficult to see details, further the Image has no embedded OSD making it difficult to Investigate timestamps.

Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:VIGI C240 FTP upload not working
2024-03-14 01:15:44

Hi @Poedersuiker 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

AFAIK, FTP now only supports transferring screenshots. Not the video clips.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-03-15 09:36:13

@Clive_A I read that. And I only want an image of the event. So if it would upload an image I would be thrilled. The problem is, it does not put anything on the FTP. Only the testfile is written. And no images from the event.

Options
2024-03-15 09:52:45

Hi @Poedersuiker 

Poedersuiker wrote

@Clive_A I read that. And I only want an image of the event. So if it would upload an image I would be thrilled. The problem is, it does not put anything on the FTP. Only the testfile is written. And no images from the event.

Can you make sure this part has been configured correctly? The path? Can you show the details? Don't leak your personal or sensitive information. But I have to know if this is correctly configured. Think this needs to be double-checked.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-03-15 13:33:10 - last edited 2024-03-15 13:35:52

@Clive_A I can send another screenshot but it will give no extra informatie other then the port number (21). But the settings are all correct for what I understand, because the test file is on my FTP server. I tried multiple 'Upload path and edit the name' and 'First Level Directory' settings. And everytime the testfile will reach my FTP. But my smart events still won't upload an image. 

FTP settings

Options
2024-05-23 21:03:36

@Poedersuiker 

you need to go to the Events section and additionally setup the upload for each event - tick Upload Capture to FTP in the Processing model section

Options
2024-05-23 22:19:34

@thommas, thank you for replying. As visible in my screenshots, as far as I know I did the tick. Or do I need to do it somewhere else as well?

Thanks for your reply

Options
Re:VIGI C240 FTP upload not working-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

screenshot@Poedersuiker 

Hello everyone,
I had the same problem but found that it’s necessary to go to Network Settings > FTP Settings, where you’ll find a tab called Upload. There, you need to enable Recording Schedule and set it to Event Recording. Below that, you can choose what to upload: video and images. After setting that up, everything should work fine.

One suggestion for the development team: it would be great if the capture could match the full resolution of the camera. I’m using the new 2K and 4K cameras, but the image is only 640x360 pixels, making it difficult to see details, further the Image has no embedded OSD making it difficult to Investigate timestamps.

Recommended Solution
Options
a week ago

Hi @GiddeonZeix 

GiddeonZeix wrote

screenshot@Poedersuiker 

Hello everyone,

This minor improvement has been known. We will optimize this in the future firmware update.

Options
a week ago

@GiddeonZeix That is a nice screenshot, what version of de VIGI camera do you have? And what Firmware version? And maybe more important, do you have an SD card installed?

Under the Upload tab I do not have your options. I am running version 2.0.1 Build 240620 Rel.43751n, which is the last update I could get (I tried updating today again) for my C240.

Options
a week ago
And it is strange this reply gets an automatic Recommended Solution.. Because it did not work for me, the person who opened this thread.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 724

Replies: 10

Related Articles