How to Set Up DDNS/FTP Server/Email Alert on VIGI Cameras

2024-03-19 07:57:05 - last edited 2024-03-20 09:34:21

Background:

In a recent firmware upgrade, certain VIGI cameras now support DDNS, FTP Server, and Email Alert. This article aims to help people properly configure them.

This Article Applies to:

VIGI cameras support DDNS, FTP Server, and Email Alerts.

Configuration Steps:

DDNS:

1. Register an account from No-IP or DynDns.
2. Create a domain name from the No-IP or DynDns.
3. Fill the domain name and account on the camera’s web management.
4. Set port forwarding on the camera, need to open the web stream port for the camera, the default setting is 8443.
5. Check the firewall setting, make sure it will not block the connection from the different subnet.

FTP Server:

1. To access the FTP Settings directory, log in to the Web Management Interface of the VIGI Camera and navigate to Settings > Network Settings.
2. Set the FTP protocol, Server address, port, username, and password, then choose the upload path.
3. Enable the Recording Schedule, click on Arming Schedule to set the schedule according to your needs, and set the Continuous Recording and Event Recording.
4. Open Upload Capture or Upload Video, and set the Capture Interval and video setting.
5. Enable the “Upload Capture to FTP” on the Event Setting page.

Email Alert:

The following is the configuration interface for mail server settings. You need to fill in the SMTP server address, SMTP service port. According to the requirement of your mailbox, you may need to enable SSL and authentication and fill in the username and password of your mailbox.

To set up the mail server successfully, we need to make sure the third-party mail server already enables SMTP service and allows us to log in. Take Gmail for example:

1. Gmail enables SMTP service by default but cannot directly log in. We need to set the APP password for Gmail and then use this password on the camera to log in. About how to set an APP password for Gmail, you can refer to https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en
2. Gmail may restrict the location of the application accessing the Gmail account. If the camera is located in another Country or geographical location that is far from your routine location where you live and access Gmail daily, you may need to open the browser on the PC which works in the same subnet as the camera, and log into Gmail. It makes Gmail understand that the IP Address belongs to you and it will allow you to send emails through your application.

For the Email Alert, different mailboxes may have different ways to support third-party access. You need to configure this function based on your mailbox.

You can send a test email to one of your other mailboxes. If you set up the mail server successfully, you will receive a test message. Otherwise, you will receive a failed message. Then, enable the “Email Alert” option on the Event Setting page in which you want to receive the email alert.

Note:

For the DDNS, we need a public IP address on the router to which the camera connects. If you don't have a public IP address, please kindly fix this by consulting with your ISP.

Update Log:

Mar 19th, 2024:

Release of this guide.

Recommended Threads:

Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post.

Live View Grey Screen on Port Forwarding

VIGI NVR & Camera Firmware Recovery Mode

• If this was helpful, welcome to give us Kudos by clicking the upward triangle below.
  • If there is anything unclear in this solution post, please feel free to comment below.

Thank you in advance for your valuable feedback!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have other off-topic issues to report? 

Welcome to > Start a New Thread < and elaborate on the issue for assistance.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
9 Reply
Re:How to Set Up DDNS/FTP Server/Email Alert on VIGI Cameras
2024-08-12 09:45:44
Hello, Are these features released for rest of the VIGI cams - for example C430? I've noticed only C450 is mentioned from the family. Where I can get the full list of cameras, which supports e-mail notification, as the feature is not available in the emulators.
Options
2024-08-13 01:32:09

Hi @CSKA 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

CSKA wrote

Hello, Are these features released for rest of the VIGI cams - for example C430? I've noticed only C450 is mentioned from the family. Where I can get the full list of cameras, which supports e-mail notification, as the feature is not available in the emulators.

Please refer to the firmware update release note about this. Some models are not supported. Some hardware versions may not be updated with these features.

I am not able to list all the models but the most recent models(non-EOL) will continue to be updated. For the models you are looking for, please check out the release note.

If it does not contain the mentioned features, please kindly wait for future updates.

Disclaimer: We provide products with certain functionalities, however, we do not guarantee that all products will enjoy these functionalities. Some features are not advertised on the product page. We strive to ensure the functionality and performance of our products, but we cannot guarantee that all products will fully meet the needs of users. Please stay tuned for our future updates to get the latest features and performance improvements.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-13 06:40:35

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive,

These features are more than mandatory for business cams, they exist on hikvision and dahua, which are your main competitors. You implemented them in a beta version of firmware in March, and this beta is still not official, that's why these features are not mentioned in any release notes in the cams web pages. 

If you go, for example to C450 you will see that last FW is 2023.

In Europe web site, most of the cams are listed as new, for example C450 and C430 are both new, with only difference of sensor megapixels, but beta firmware is available only for C450. That's why I'm asking, what devices could support these features. 
Please be supportive and give us some more details on that matter, because I believe the topic is interested for a lot of customers. 

Options
2024-08-13 08:28:42

Hi @CSKA 

CSKA wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive,

These features are more than mandatory for business cams, they exist on hikvision and dahua, which are your main competitors. You implemented them in a beta version of firmware in March, and this beta is still not official, that's why these features are not mentioned in any release notes in the cams web pages. 

If you go, for example to C450 you will see that last FW is 2023.

In Europe web site, most of the cams are listed as new, for example C450 and C430 are both new, with only difference of sensor megapixels, but beta firmware is available only for C450. That's why I'm asking, what devices could support these features. 
Please be supportive and give us some more details on that matter, because I believe the topic is interested for a lot of customers. 

1. The firmware has been officially released on the mentioned models.

2. If the local site is not up-to-date, please email the local support team regarding this matter. The local site is maintained by the local company. I am from the HQ and we mainly refer to the firmware of the global site.

3. e.g. C340S, the global site: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/vigi-c340s/#Firmware

Has updated this firmware.

4. First, I still cannot make any promises as development continues on non-EOL models, and I cannot provide a specific timeframe. Doing so could potentially be risky and lead to unrealistic expectations.

These features are supposed to be a major release. But it still depends on the device's hardware resources.

Due to previous unpleasant issues with requests from other forum members, I will refrain from further explanation on this matter.

Second, it is unnecessary/unrealistic for me to obtain every detail from the developer and share it with you, and this should be understood. I am not a dev and I am not obligated to do so, as it is not within my responsibilities.

If I am given a piece of information/reason, I can decide to share it with you or not. But to avoid any unrealistic expectations or violation of confidentiality, I prefer not to if it is uncertain/confidential.

I don't have to explain what's behind the scenes. But I have explained a lot on the forum, I only hope people can understand how things work.

Third, I am not directly involved with the developer or project manager, and the information I receive from them may be delayed. I am not notified of any changes, and I cannot continuously check the development status. And please note that we are not obligated to inform you of any changes to our roadmap. It is recommended to refer to the product page for updates on advertised and introduced features.

Also a template for the request:

However, it's essential to acknowledge that hardware limitations may exist, which might prevent us from adding the feature to certain models. In such cases, we cannot provide individual notifications explaining the reason. Please note that we cannot guarantee the fulfillment of all requests, and we must set clear expectations upfront.

Options
2024-08-13 09:04:31

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive,

I was not aware that local sites, especially for EU are managed by other companies, will try to find their contacts.

Thank  you for pointing me the the global site, where I found that this update is officially released also for C430 which is my preferred cam. I was in mistake, because each time, when I go to download any firmware there is a message, that this must be done by your regional site, but seems like that global site is most up-to-date.

Best Regards,

Options
2024-08-13 09:16:19

Hi @CSKA 

CSKA wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive,

I was not aware that local sites, especially for EU are managed by other companies, will try to find their contacts.

Thank  you for pointing me the the global site, where I found that this update is officially released also for C430 which is my preferred cam. I was in mistake, because each time, when I go to download any firmware there is a message, that this must be done by your regional site, but seems like that global site is most up-to-date.

Best Regards,

That's correct. The global site is the most up-to-date as soon as a firmware goes out, the HQ will maintain and update that.

The local company weekly updates their site which is what I know about the US site. For the Euro countries, I am not aware of their update interval.

As long as your device is not wireless involved, the country code should be (UN) which you should be fine updating from the global site.

For any firmware update, please make sure the wireless country code is matching.

Options
2024-08-13 09:28:20
Thank you very much Clive, your support was very valuable! The cams are wired, code is UN, so I can proceed. Best Regards!
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Clive_A 

A month ago, I can give you feedback on e-mail notification feature, which we discussed previously.

The service is working, but needs some improvements, which I don't know how to advice/request.

The image attached to the mail is coming from second stream, which is low resolution/quality. As migrating from hikvision to vigi, I'm able to compare both solutions. On their, the images which are attached are from main stream, where resolution and quality are fine. You can also configure how many attached shots you want to receive. 
Could you point me to the right direction, where to address that feature request.

BR,

Options
a week ago

Hi @CSKA 

CSKA wrote

@Clive_A 

A month ago, I can give you feedback on e-mail notification feature, which we discussed previously.

The service is working, but needs some improvements, which I don't know how to advice/request.

The image attached to the mail is coming from second stream, which is low resolution/quality. As migrating from hikvision to vigi, I'm able to compare both solutions. On their, the images which are attached are from main stream, where resolution and quality are fine. You can also configure how many attached shots you want to receive. 
Could you point me to the right direction, where to address that feature request.

BR,

We have two teams in the process of different support requests. As the forum is another team and I am not aware of what you have been discussing with the support rep, please kindly reply to the email and re-initiate the conversation.

If you intend to make a request on the forum, please go to the request page. Please note that the request you have posted does not mean it will be evaluated now and get resolved instantly. It may enter the vote and feedback collection phase.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1687

Replies: 9

Related Articles