help request. - ER605 Router - Switch TL-SG2008 "Standalone or OC200 Controller" help request.

help request. - ER605 Router - Switch TL-SG2008 "Standalone or OC200 Controller" help request.

2024-03-30 16:17:49 - last edited 2024-04-01 02:19:24
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)   OC200   TL-SG2008  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.4 Build 20240119 Rel.44368

Giving up is not an option!

Does anyone perhaps think they have an answer to an earlier question regarding the forwarding of VLAN's provided by the ISP via WAN to LAN?

TP-Link Router ER605V2 ( WAN => LAN )
TP-LINk Switch TL-SG2008V4 ( LAN => LAN )
TP-LINk Switch TL-SG2008V4 ( LAN => UserIP )

ISP indicates to provide 3 VLAN's with the WAN.

Vlan 100 = Internet
Vlan 101 = IPTV
Vlan 102 = Voice. (no use)

This is my main question, the whole story can be found at:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/659572

Given my modest knowledge of networking, I hope for understanding and a detailed explanation.
Thank you again for your understanding and the will to share knowledge.

Good day ! I would like to help and contribute to this community as much as possible. I'll probably be more asking than contributing at the beginning. Please excuse my poor knowledge. Cheers!
Options
4 Reply
Re:help request. - ER605 Router - Switch TL-SG2008 "Standalone or OC200 Controller" help request.
2024-04-01 02:18:11

Hi @Hejacon 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If this is helpful for your questions asked? https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/621172?replyId=1260326

Seem to be setting up the VLAN like the above link. If you have anything else to add, let me know.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:help request. - ER605 Router - Switch TL-SG2008 "Standalone or OC200 Controller" help request.
2024-04-08 08:30:58
Dear Clive_A My apologies for my late response. It seems I have a serious health problem (heart) So I probably won't be able to solve this network problem. my goal was to find a solution and receive IPTV. But things have to wait, I guess. But thank you very much for your answer. Best Regads Henk
Good day ! I would like to help and contribute to this community as much as possible. I'll probably be more asking than contributing at the beginning. Please excuse my poor knowledge. Cheers!
Options
2024-04-09 01:24:37

Hi @Hejacon 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Hejacon wrote

Dear Clive_A My apologies for my late response. It seems I have a serious health problem (heart) So I probably won't be able to solve this network problem. my goal was to find a solution and receive IPTV. But things have to wait, I guess. But thank you very much for your answer. Best Regads Henk

Sorry to hear this.

When you are back on your feet, you can try out the suggestions above. In addition, you might need to set up the IPTV feature in the Service as well to enable this.

Then you configure the VLAN and test if it works properly. If there is a problem with the TV VLAN, you might consider the multicast feature. IGMP.

I wish you well.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-04-12 19:04:37
Hi Clive I really appeciate this. I will be back ( soon I hope) Thanks for your help
Options