Deco mesh m4

Deco mesh m4

Deco mesh m4
Deco mesh m4
2024-04-01 14:38:47

Hello,

is it possible to use a deco mesh m4 cube as an wifi-extender on the camping?

my plan is to connect the m4 with my laptop. I probably need some adapter-cable with a usb-connector on one site.The laptop makes connection with the wi-fi signal of the camping. Is this a realistic idea?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco mesh m4
2024-04-01 15:24:20

@Jovanwe 

Hey

Sadly no this wont work, however there are devices for this specific purpose..

What you are after is the   tp link travel router (AC750).  This device works like a home router, so you connect your laptop to its WiFi, you can then share the sites wifi..  Let me explain

Connect laptop to the Travel Routers WiFi or plug in LAN cable

Go to 192.168.0.1 or whatever the router is set as.. log into the web interface

In there, you can scan for WiFi and connect to the camping sites WiFi.

It will now share that connection to all devices

So if you have 5x devices connected to teh travel router, they are all using the site WiFi.   Used this device a few times.

Options
2024-04-01 15:25:08
P.S. This device is also rather cheap, was €40 or something last time I bought one
Options
2024-04-01 16:44:54
Thx for the very quick reaction. It helps me a lot. But how can I find out “or whatever the router is sat as..”? Kind regards, JWL
Options
2024-04-01 16:58:25

@Jovanwe 

To find the router IP its easy..  two ways to do it.

1. Its likely printed on the device label, will say something like 192.168.0.1   login ADMIN ADMIN.  Thats what you are looking for.   When plugged into / connected via WiFi to the device just go to 192.168.0.1 or whatever it is via a browser (Chrome or edge, something like that)

2. On a laptop running windows if you right click on the start menu button and choose RUN

type CMD and press OK.  This will open command prompt

If you type IPCONFIG and press return, it will tell you the routers address as shown below.  Its called default gateway.  In my case its 192.168.50.1  it will be different for you.    Put this into the browser and bingo

Options
a week ago

@Philbert sorry for the very late reaction. Thx again.

kind regards JWL

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 139

Replies: 5

Related Articles