Switch adoption failed, if switch needs preconfiguration
Switch adoption failed, if switch needs preconfiguration
2024-04-02 16:16:48
Tags: #Adoption #Omada
Model: TL-SG3428MP  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.7

Hi,

let's assume I have switch in Omada controller and I need to physically move it and change configuration of VLAN.

When Switch is offline, I reconfigure it's profile and then I reset the switch manually and set some VLANs locally so I can reach the controller. As soon the switch is adopted back to the controller, it should start with new configuration from Omada Controller, but settings are lost in Omada Controller, and so in the switch, which is now off-line.

Is there any possibility to keep settings of adopted device? If the device is in factory defaults it cant reach the controller, which is in another site.

Can the device be preconfigured and then adopted without configuration get lost?

Best Regards!

Jan

Options
1 Reply
Re:Switch adoption failed, if switch needs preconfiguration
2024-04-03 10:16:46

MUSCARInetwork wrote

Hi,

let's assume I have switch in Omada controller and I need to physically move it and change configuration of VLAN.

When Switch is offline, I reconfigure it's profile and then I reset the switch manually and set some VLANs locally so I can reach the controller. As soon the switch is adopted back to the controller, it should start with new configuration from Omada Controller, but settings are lost in Omada Controller, and so in the switch, which is now off-line.

Is there any possibility to keep settings of adopted device? If the device is in factory defaults it cant reach the controller, which is in another site.

Can the device be preconfigured and then adopted without configuration get lost?

Best Regards!

Jan

Hi @MUSCARInetwork 

Currently we can only pre-configure the settings on controller itself and pre-configure some of the settings on WAN for router. For the configuration on the devices themselves such as the port setting on switch, we are not able to pre-configure but have to reset the switch after adoption.

I will forward your request to the developer department. Thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options