OpenVPN - no traffic seems to work

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1

I am currently using Omada SDN version: 5.13.30.8

I'm not exactly sure when my OpenVPN server hosted on ER7206 stopped working.

I can successfully connect and authenticate, but no traffic seems to work. 

Omada -> insights >VPN is showing the user is connected OK.

Do I need to do anything else? 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:OpenVPN - no traffic seems to work-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Thank you Mr S for this: "to get it to work with mobile client Edit the exported OVPN file, delete the no from the string comp-lzo no" I have done this, re-imported the profile and it has solved the problem! Many thanks for the hint.

Recommended Solution
Options

Hi @J4c @gcsljim  @Barde @AlexPyankov 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

The related posts have been posted months ago. Please do take a look at the posts with the tag like Solutions or Highlighted Thread.

No Traffic After OpenVPN Is Connected - Android/iOS OpenVPN Connect 3.4.0 Update

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:OpenVPN - no traffic seems to work
2 weeks ago

@J4ce 

The same problem on ER7212PC v1.0 with 5.8.60 controller.

Options

@J4ce 
I've got the same problem from IOS and OpenVPN Connect. No errors in clients log.
Connect and traffic from PC or Mac works (latest OpenVPN Connect clients for those platforms).

Router:

ER605 v2.0

Firmware Version:

2.2.4 Build 20240119 Rel.44368

Controller:

Model OC200 1.0
Controller Version 5.13.30.20

Firmware Version 1.29.4 Build 20240304 Rel.54362

Iphone client connecting with no traffic: 13 Pro IOS version 17.4.1, OVPN Connect 3.4.2

Options

@J4ce 

I have exactly the same problem as "Barde" on an Omada installation (OC200/ER605 - both with latest firmware installed), following the App store update to the OpenVPN iOS client, from 3.4.1 to 3.4.2 (5723)

At the moment the Windows client version 3.4.3 (3337) still works fine..... 

Having had some dialogue with OpenVPN support, their conclusion is the server is pushing compression which is now thought to be a vulnerability and should be disabled on the server - see this article: https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/Compression# 

Options
a week ago

@gcsljim 

to get it to work with mobile client Edit the exported OVPN file, delete the no from the string comp-lzo no

Options

Thank you Mr S for this: "to get it to work with mobile client Edit the exported OVPN file, delete the no from the string comp-lzo no" I have done this, re-imported the profile and it has solved the problem! Many thanks for the hint.

Recommended Solution
Options
a week ago

@MR.S 

Thanks for your hint, VPN from IOS works again!

Options
a week ago

@gcsljim thank you! yes this seems to have fixed it for me too

Options
a week ago

@gcsljim 

Can confirm that android 13 phone works allright! 

Options

Hi @J4c @gcsljim  @Barde @AlexPyankov 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

The related posts have been posted months ago. Please do take a look at the posts with the tag like Solutions or Highlighted Thread.

No Traffic After OpenVPN Is Connected - Android/iOS OpenVPN Connect 3.4.0 Update

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Please add a link to this thread? The screenshot is not too helpful if I need to search multiple forums to try and find it seeing there is no global search.

EDIT: here is the link I Found

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/653224

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 368

Replies: 11

Related Articles