No Traffic After OpenVPN Is Connected - Android/iOS OpenVPN Connect 3.4.0 Update

No Traffic After OpenVPN Is Connected - Android/iOS OpenVPN Connect 3.4.0 Update

2024-01-30 06:01:51 - last edited Monday

This Article Applies to:

All Omada routers.

Issue Description/Phenomenon:

After updating the Android OpenVPN Connect software to V3.4.0, the Omada Router as an OpenVPN Server, the phone can connect but the data is not available.

After updating the iOS OpenVPN Connect software to V3.4.2, the Omada Router as an OpenVPN Server, the phone can connect but the data is not available.

Available Workarounds/Solutions:

1. We recommend that Android users do NOT upgrade to the latest 3.4.0 OpenVPN Connect.

2. For users who have already upgraded, there are two suggestions as follows:

a. Edit the exported OVPN file, delete the no from the string comp-lzo no, or change from no to adaptive (comp-lzo adaptive) as below:

b. Downgrade your OpenVPN Connect to 3.3.4.

Thank you for your attention!

Update Log:

Apr 22nd, 2024:

iOS has been updated to the same code as Android. Update the title and description.

Jan 30th, 2024:

Release of this article.

If this was helpful, welcome to give us Kudos by clicking the thumbs-up button below.

If the solution doesn't work for you, your case is probably different from what is described here.

In that case, please feel free to click Start a New Thread and elaborate on the problem so that we can try to help you further.

Thank you for your great cooperation and patience!

TP-Link Support Team

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
3 Reply
Re:No Traffic After OpenVPN Is Connected - Android OpenVPN Connect 3.4.0 Update
2024-02-02 10:08:10

@Clive_A 

Hi,

Is that going to be final workaround? Or TP-Link engineers are working on some official solution?

Best Regards

Options
2024-02-04 02:29:03

Hi @RaRu 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

RaRu wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi,

Is that going to be final workaround? Or TP-Link engineers are working on some official solution?

Best Regards

What I have received so far is this and the suggestion is to report this to the OpenVPN team for a change.

IMO, I think this will be the final.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-02-17 19:55:22

@Clive_A 

People can also download the Openvpn App by Arne Schwab, which works perfectly fine with Compression On and no alteration ir change of the config file.

I did pull my hair on my new phone till I found the solution in some forum elsewhere. In the official app, there is no switch to change this. Very annoying.

Options