EAP615 Wall slows down after reboot

2 weeks ago
Model: EAP615-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

As the title states, I have 2x EAP615-Wall units in my network on a wireless backhaul. They get full speeds on internet speed tests ~350mbps when they are first adopted but the moment they reboot, fall to 10mbps. Both of my access points are behaving this way. The test device is connected via an ethernet cable to the device via a POE injector. Any help or guidance would be appreciated, thank you very much. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP615 Wall slows down after reboot
2 weeks ago

junkimchi wrote

As the title states, I have 2x EAP615-Wall units in my network on a wireless backhaul. They get full speeds on internet speed tests ~350mbps when they are first adopted but the moment they reboot, fall to 10mbps. Both of my access points are behaving this way. The test device is connected via an ethernet cable to the device via a POE injector. Any help or guidance would be appreciated, thank you very much. 

Hi @junkimchi 

May I know the whole topology of your network? What is the status on controller device page? If you go to Device > select the EAP > Under details, what is the Uplink status, is it Wired or it is Wireless? Please share some screenshots of the uplink page.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2 weeks ago

@junkimchi 

Silly question, but let's get this out of the way...the injector goes in the rear port of the EAP615-wall...test devices should use 1 of the 3 ports along the bottom edge of the AP.

Testing via the injector may confuse the AP as it thinks it should maybe be a wired node and not wireless as it will see a valid etherlink on the uplink port.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2 weeks ago

@d0ugmac1 

My PC is actually plugged into the POE injector. I have it this way because even when it was connected into one of the ethernet ports on the AP, the problem persisted. I shall test once more just to make sure. 

Options
2 weeks ago

@junkimchi Make sure to power cycle the AP after disconnecting the PC from the injector to ensure you are testing correctly.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options