EAP-650 Outdoor/Omada Disconnected

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: EAP650-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20240131 Rel. 45052

Have a couple of EAP650-Outdoor units that I'm trying to extend my household network to an outbuilding with.  Installed software Omada Controller and configured both units I thought successfully.  Unit on house downlinks to Outbuilding unit which has garage units MAC address listed for uplink.  Had this all running as a trial inside home.

Now I am having problems running through a tp-link TLSG1008MP POE switch to the house mounted unit - actually it is connected from an AX11000 router hard wired to a TLSG1008MP POE switch which in turns feeds another TLSG1008MP POE switch downstream.  The second switch for some reason seems to be blocking the EAP650 from getting an IP address.  The EAP650 does power up with amber/green but then green flashes very slowly.  If I just connect EAP650 inside the house (the first switch) it seems to work fine.  Looked up spec's on switch to ensure it could power the EAP650 and appears it has plenty of margin.   Note that both switches are connected to 120VAC - not trying to power one of the switches from the other.

So now for my questions:

• Can't find meaning of LED light on EAP650-Outdoor unit.  Guessing AMBER is power-up, Solid Green is good config, but what is slow blink and are there any other displays.  i.e what is the secret decoder ring.
  • Any thoughts on why going thru two TLSG1008MP POE switches would be a problem? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP-650 Outdoor/Omada Disconnected
2 weeks ago

jebirr wrote

Have a couple of EAP650-Outdoor units that I'm trying to extend my household network to an outbuilding with.  Installed software Omada Controller and configured both units I thought successfully.  Unit on house downlinks to Outbuilding unit which has garage units MAC address listed for uplink.  Had this all running as a trial inside home.

Now I am having problems running through a tp-link TLSG1008MP POE switch to the house mounted unit - actually it is connected from an AX11000 router hard wired to a TLSG1008MP POE switch which in turns feeds another TLSG1008MP POE switch downstream.  The second switch for some reason seems to be blocking the EAP650 from getting an IP address.  The EAP650 does power up with amber/green but then green flashes very slowly.  If I just connect EAP650 inside the house (the first switch) it seems to work fine.  Looked up spec's on switch to ensure it could power the EAP650 and appears it has plenty of margin.   Note that both switches are connected to 120VAC - not trying to power one of the switches from the other.

So now for my questions:

• Can't find meaning of LED light on EAP650-Outdoor unit.  Guessing AMBER is power-up, Solid Green is good config, but what is slow blink and are there any other displays.  i.e what is the secret decoder ring.
  • Any thoughts on why going thru two TLSG1008MP POE switches would be a problem? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi @jebirr 

May I know more details about your topology? Does the issue occur on the mesh EAP, or it was on the root EAP? Please help to confirm how did you connect the devices, for example, is that AX11000 router>>>>SG1008MP 1>>>>root EAP)))))((((mesh EAP>>>>SG1008MP 2?

And here is the LED light explanation of EAP650-Outdoor from the installation guide.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2 weeks ago

@Hank21 

Can't believe I missed the LED table in the installation guide - thanks.

Topology 

CONFIG 1:

AX11000 >>> TL-SG1008MP POE Switch >>> TL-SG1008MP POE Switch >>> EAP-650 Outdoor with 1 Downlink configured - I guess you'd call this the root [All located on House]

EAP-650 Outdoor >>> TL-SG1218MP PoE Switch (configured as Uplink device to above unit).

In this case the EAP-650 never gets an IP address from AX11000.  Flashes slow green light as does other unit.

CONFIG 2:

AX11000 >>> TL-SG1008MP POE Switch >>>  EAP-650 Outdoor with 1 Downlink configured - I guess you'd call this the root [All located on House]

EAP-650 Outdoor >>> TL-SG1218MP PoE Switch (configured as Uplink device to above unit).

This works!!!!

CONFIG 3:

AX11000 >>> TL-SG1008MP POE Switch >>> TL-SG1005P POE Switch >>> EAP-650 Outdoor with 1 Downlink configured - I guess you'd call this the root [All located on House]

Different seconday switch.  In this case the EAP-650 never gets an IP address from AX11000.  Flashes slow green light as does other unit.

CONCLUSION:

Having two POE Switches as shown above doesn't work for some reason.  

I wanted it this way as the first house POE switch is tied to a bunch of cameras and other hardline runs in house.  Second POE switch was in garage to tie into additional cameras and the EAP-650 outdoor unit to downlink (repeat) to an outbuilding that I can't get a hardline to.  Second EAP-650 is on outbuilding and also has a switch to connect additional cameras and ultimately an AP.

Thanks

Options
2 weeks ago

jebirr wrote

@Hank21 

Can't believe I missed the LED table in the installation guide - thanks.

Topology 

CONFIG 1:

AX11000 >>> TL-SG1008MP POE Switch >>> TL-SG1008MP POE Switch >>> EAP-650 Outdoor with 1 Downlink configured - I guess you'd call this the root [All located on House]

In this case the EAP-650 never gets an IP address from AX11000.  Flashes slow green light as does other unit.

CONFIG 2:

AX11000 >>> TL-SG1008MP POE Switch >>>  EAP-650 Outdoor with 1 Downlink configured - I guess you'd call this the root [All located on House]

This works!!!!

CONFIG 3:

AX11000 >>> TL-SG1008MP POE Switch >>> TL-SG1005P POE Switch >>> EAP-650 Outdoor with 1 Downlink configured - I guess you'd call this the root [All located on House]

Different seconday switch.  In this case the EAP-650 never gets an IP address from AX11000.  Flashes slow green light as does other unit.

CONCLUSION:

Having two POE Switches as shown above doesn't work for some reason.  

I wanted it this way as the first house POE switch is tied to a bunch of cameras and other hardline runs in house.  Second POE switch was in garage to tie into additional cameras and the EAP-650 outdoor unit to downlink (repeat) to an outbuilding that I can't get a hardline to.  Second EAP-650 is on outbuilding and also has a switch to connect additional cameras and ultimately an AP.

Thanks

Hi @jebirr 

According to your network topology, it seems that might be some devices connected to the second switch has another DHCP server. You may try to have a PC connect to the second switch and see whether the PC has the IP address.

If rather, you can also simplify the network topology, just disconnect all the other devices but only connect AX11000 router>>>TL-SG1218MP>>>second TL-SG1218MP>>>EAP650-Outdoor to test.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 89

Replies: 3

Related Articles