AX55 reboot option needed in the satellite router mode GUI

Votes

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20240129 rel.57815(4555)

The AX55 web interface is very limited when the router is operating as a satellite router in an EasyMesh network.  The only ways to reboot the satellite router are to:

1. Reboot using the GUI of the main router

2. Power down/power up the satellite router

3. Use the Tether app

Experience has shown that, with some range extenders, the main router's GUI reboot icon for the satellite device does not work when the wireless signals are weak.  Not tested yet, the same may be true for the satellite router.  There should be another way to reboot the router without having to physically access the router to power it down and back up again.  Also there are some of us who prefer to not use the Tether app.

Recommendation:  Add the same Reboot option (under System) that exists in the main router GUI to the satellite router GUI including the Reboot Schedule feature.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX55 reboot option needed in the satellite router mode GUI
a week ago

@jra11500 

Hello, thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if this feature can come to your home router, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Routers)' area and tagging it as a ‘Future Consideration’ for better visibility.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 42

Replies: 1

Voters 1