Powerline Adapters - Disconnects

2024-05-09 08:32:44 - last edited 2024-05-09 09:35:43
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 221123

Hello,

I would like to ask about your experiences and hints how to make it a perfectly working network with Powerline Adapters.

I have a 3 pack kit with two receiver. I updated to the latest firmware to that what I found and made many changes to be sure it wont disconnect.

I changed them to static IP address and also disabled the ip address on the DHCP in my router so no other thing can get the ip address of the adapters.
I checked to be sure all the 3 devices is on the same phase.
I connected directly to my router with CAT6 cable to my 1gbit local network.
I turned off Power Saving Mode with software
I send a ping every 20 second to both device from a server locally.

Still I get a lot of disconnection and its a headache. One of them disconnects every week once for a few minute the other doing this daily.

Im monitoring all my devices and only this two devices has issues in my network where there is a ping outages. I want a reliable setup because all my garden stuffs are working from the adapters, Garage door and these things. On the pings you can see the actual adapter is pinged not the devices behind it. The whole network and the whole electric network is totally new created in the last year. 

I still have 2 year manufacturer warranty to the adapters.

Thanks if you have any idea guys. Best regards,
Gery

Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline Adapters - Disconnects
2024-05-09 15:45:49 - last edited 2024-05-09 15:46:34

@CoLeEe 

Hi,

Is the Powerline connection of the adapters in question strong or rather marginal? 
If you could report us the "Powerline Rates" shown in the tpPLC Utility by the arrows, then we may get an idea how good the connections are.

If the Powerline connections are already marginal under normal conditions, then someone plugging in (or switching on) another electrical appliance connected to the same circuit could degrade the Powerline signal to a point that the connection is lost.

And when I write "electrical appliance" I mean anything that can be plugged into a wall socket. Even someone plugging in a phone charger could potentially bring down the Powerline connection if it was already marginal to begin with.

Options
2024-05-09 16:25:10 - last edited 2024-05-09 16:26:39

@woozle 

Hello Woozle,

Thanks for your fast answer.

Here you can see the screenshot from my application.

Options
2024-05-10 16:32:57

@CoLeEe 

Ok. I think these numbers look quite good for AV600-grade Powerline adapters.

Anyway, the issue you've described will be difficult to troubleshoot. 
In case you happened to withness such an interruption of the powerline connection live, then you could ask the other persons in your home if the have operated a certain electric device at the moment the interruption occurred. 
But that's pretty much all that can be done for troubleshooting.

Also, it's probably extremely rare for users to constantly monitor their Powerline connections. So, if this was something that all Powerline adapters do every once in a while, then we might not actually hear about it.

I certainly wouldn't notice if my Powerline adapters disconnected for a period of less than 20 seconds once a day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 144

Replies: 3

Related Articles