Surprised at network switch not allowing internet

2024-05-12 13:48:54 - last edited 2024-05-13 01:03:32
Model: TL-SG105S  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi, the indian model concerned swtich is unmanaged 1 gb switch having 5 ports.

I have connected ethernet port of router to one of the port of the switch.

The remaining ports are four to use. there are 2 pcs and one laptop. one pc and one laptop connection is working fine. the other pc, having windows,7 is having the problem.

As the ethernet port got damaged, I am using usb to ethernet to connect to the pc and the other to the network switch. the connection is not established with slow off and on of the small light, llnk light. the messages, identifying network, and failure with a red x mark on the Lan icon in the system tray.

I connect the ethernet  to the 10/100 fe port of the router, the connection gets established and i could see the name of the network and everything works fine.

My query is , why the network switch is not allowing the internet connection to that system. i checked the ports for any damages but nothing. I only recently bought it in a weeks time. I tried to troubleshoot, by changing the switch port.

There was no menu to get connected devices. So, I downloaded the advanced ip scanner to get the information.

The scan shows live, when the ethernet jack is connected to the router port, whereas the same scan shows dead, when connected to the port on the switch.

there was a mention of loop prevention in the features page, but no physical switch on the device as it is unmanaged.

would any one give me the solution

Options
4 Reply
Re:Surprised at network switch not allowing internet
2024-05-13 02:03:38 - last edited 2024-05-13 02:03:49

Hi @jraju 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. This is an unmanaged switch. There is no web interface, no IP or any management features.

2. There is no said loop prevention in this model. As you can see: https://www.tp-link.com/en/business-networking/unmanaged-switch/tl-sg105s/#overview

3. The model is plug-and-play. If there is any issue, it'd be either the cable or the port(or maybe the NIC driver) issue. Commonly, replace the cable and plug and use it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-05-13 03:38:43

@jraju  Hi, sir, I have checked and found that the ports on switch is working properly. When i connect other device to same port, it is working flawlessly. Regarding ethernet driver, it is the latest and the device does not show exclamatory markks. When the same ethernet jack is connected to the router, it works flawflesslly. So,  i am still still surprised . the witcch do mention loop prevention  feature in the top of the  box

please see the uploaded image in imgbb site

Options
2024-05-15 10:06:32

@jraju 

Hi, no solution was given to me.

Options
2024-05-28 12:36:26

@jraju 

I expected a reply from some one. No one seem to reply.

I have tried updating of drivers for the usb to ethernet adapters. But whenever i tried to update, I was getting alerts that already latest driver has been installed to the device.

I then thought of taking the vendor id from the device details tab, and then search for the drivers. It was realtek . Realtek has also changed their old websites, so I searched and at last found the real site and downloaded the latest driver for the NIC adapter.

Then the internet connection was there.

It was in this reply above

quote:

the problem may be NiC drivers in the above reply.

the problem solved and I am using the network switch for that machine also

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 327

Replies: 4

Related Articles