New Wireless Network Defaults to ALL Access Points??

2024-05-16 20:32:41 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.12.2

I have 6 access points on my current Omada network. Everything is great; I am really loving it! I plan to expand out to many more AP's with only one or two APs with the same SSID.

It seems whenever I create a new wireless network there is no option to specify which AP's to assign the new SSIDs. The controller by default applies the new wireless network to ALL access points. After which I have to go turn it off of the ones I do not want broadcasting that wireless network.

That is fine for right now with a few devices. However, that default behavior, applying a new wireless network to all APs instead of allowing me to turn the wireless network on only for the ones I want, will create a nightmare of deselecting so many APs just to assign a wireless network to one or two of them.

Is there an option to default the new wireless network assignment to NONE or do I need to rethink my approach somehow to achieve the same result??

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:New Wireless Network Defaults to ALL Access Points??-Solution
2024-05-17 00:32:23 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi @LincolnMcCurry 

You can create a new SSID group:

Then apply the new group to specified EAP according to your requirement. By default the new SSID group won't be applied to anything. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:New Wireless Network Defaults to ALL Access Points??-Solution
2024-05-17 00:32:23 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi @LincolnMcCurry 

You can create a new SSID group:

Then apply the new group to specified EAP according to your requirement. By default the new SSID group won't be applied to anything. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:New Wireless Network Defaults to ALL Access Points??
3 weeks ago

@Fae 

Thank you so much for your kind response!! I really appreciate the tip smileyyes

Options