ER605 Link Backup missing WLAN

2024-05-21 00:18:02 - last edited 2024-05-24 00:47:41
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20231207 Rel.61384

I have multiple WANs configured, but when I go to Transmission -> Load Balancing -> Link Backup, I can only select a single WAN.

I would expect "Primary WAN" and "Backup WAN" to have an option to select "WAN/LAN1", but it's not there.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:ER605 Link Backup missing WLAN-Solution
2024-05-21 01:02:17 - last edited 2024-05-24 00:47:44

Hi @pc1986 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You can try the following steps.

1. Backup your config and reset. See if it can work okay in factory default.

2. Restore the backup. Will the missing WAN/LAN1 issue exist?

Or you may try the following steps, regardless of the result above.

Change the WAN/LAN1 to the LAN port. It'll reboot. Then change the port to the WAN again. Reboot. Check again.

If this persists, I think we need to reset the router and start from the factory default. You can let me know the results of the suggestions above.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-05-23 20:39:48 - last edited 2024-05-24 00:47:41

@Clive_A 

Thank you. I did a factory reset and was able to successfully apply the link backup settings.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
2024-05-21 01:02:17 - last edited 2024-05-24 00:47:44

Hi @pc1986 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You can try the following steps.

1. Backup your config and reset. See if it can work okay in factory default.

2. Restore the backup. Will the missing WAN/LAN1 issue exist?

Or you may try the following steps, regardless of the result above.

Change the WAN/LAN1 to the LAN port. It'll reboot. Then change the port to the WAN again. Reboot. Check again.

If this persists, I think we need to reset the router and start from the factory default. You can let me know the results of the suggestions above.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-05-23 20:39:48 - last edited 2024-05-24 00:47:41

@Clive_A 

Thank you. I did a factory reset and was able to successfully apply the link backup settings.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 120

Replies: 2

Related Articles