Remote monitoring of router connectivity

Remote monitoring of router connectivity

14 Reply
Re:Remote monitoring of router connectivity
3 weeks ago
Thanks, please let me know what their feedback is and whether a ticket can be logged for this.
Options
Re:Remote monitoring of router connectivity-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi @TakeshiKovacs 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

TakeshiKovacs wrote

Thanks, please let me know what their feedback is and whether a ticket can be logged for this.

OK.

Two rules, the same as before. But the destination is slightly different.

#1 Deny, WAN IN, SRC ANY IP, DST GW management page.

#2 Allow, WAN IN, SRC desired one, DST GW management page.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Remote monitoring of router connectivity-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

So the good news is using the Gateway Management as the DST works. The way to do it is as follows:

First comes the PERMIT rule which is the highly selective one based on source of the monitoring websites I'm enabling.

Then comes the DENY which then blocks anything that the preceding rule didn't match with/allow.

This then works as expected. I now have my connection externally monitored and pings from random other addresses are ignored so for example I still get a perfect result from the ShieldsUP tests at GRC dot com.

Highly recommend you update your customer knowledgebase articles to document this properly.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Remote monitoring of router connectivity
2 weeks ago

Hi  @TakeshiKovacs

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

TakeshiKovacs wrote

@Clive_A 

So the good news is using the Gateway Management as the DST works. The way to do it is as follows:

First comes the PERMIT rule which is the highly selective one based on source of the monitoring websites I'm enabling.

Then comes the DENY which then blocks anything that the preceding rule didn't match with/allow.

This then works as expected. I now have my connection externally monitored and pings from random other addresses are ignored so for example I still get a perfect result from the ShieldsUP tests at GRC dot com.

Highly recommend you update your customer knowledgebase articles to document this properly.

Very good to know that you have resolved that.

Will write a report to the related team about this.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options