Gateway DHCP Client/Server Module Info Not Being Recorded In Log; DHCP address range running out

Gateway DHCP Client/Server Module Info Not Being Recorded In Log; DHCP address range running out

2024-06-02 20:48:28
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.29.4 Build 20240304 Rel.54362

As the title says, the controller is not logging DHCP server activity. I have confirmed that those notification options are turned on. When i go to the log and search for DHCP, it doesn't find anything. When i scroll through all the logs, there are no DHCP entries. What am I missing?

Normally I dont pay attention to this as the fixed clients have reservations. however this week, I noticed new clients (mostly guests' phones and tablets) started getting addresses in the upper part of the DHCP range (192.168.0.249 and 192.168.1.1) despite having addresses available in the lower part of the range. I am trying to figure out why. We are running a /23 on 192.168.0.1-192.168.1.254, with available addresses starting at 192.168.0.150 (to have available addresses for reservation if needed). Lease time is set to 720secs. Most clients are only here 2 days a week for a few hours at a time. So it makes no sense that new clients this morning started getting addresses at .249 when there are no clients with an address starting at .150. Anyone have any ideas?

One thing I suspect is we have almost 1800 MACs on the ACL block list due to an issue with password sharing. Im wondering if these blocked addresses are getting a DHCP assigned address even though they are on the block list.... I will be changing the admin SSID name and switch to hidden today to mitigate this issue....

Options
3 Reply
Re:Gateway DHCP Client/Server Module Info Not Being Recorded In Log; DHCP address range running out
2024-06-03 06:27:32

Hi @Wc_Networks 

May I confirm whether you have make the DHCP reservation for all the upper part of the DHCP range? Could you please share more details about your reservation information? And also help to confirm the model number&firmware version of your router.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Gateway DHCP Client/Server Module Info Not Being Recorded In Log; DHCP address range running out
2024-06-27 01:42:41

@Hank21 

Hi Hank,

sorry for the delay.

DHCP range is 192.168.0.150-1.254

No DHCP reservations in the upper part of the DHCP range. last reservation is at 0.103

The router M/N is ER605 V1 F/W ver 1.3.1

Options
2024-06-27 03:43:05

@Wc_Networks 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240650456, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options