No DHCP on newly created VLAN

2024-06-02 21:44:20
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.4 Build 20240119 Rel.44368

I have six vlans configured, all with DHCP enabled. The IP-scopes I am using are mostly small because of the DHCP limit of 1024 address leases which this router should probably has (I read somewhere).

Vlan configuration looks like:

10.0.0.1/24 (management id 4096)

192.168.0.1/24 (default lan id 1)

192.168.20.1/25 (id 20)

192.168.30.1/27 (id 30)

192.168.40.1/28 (id 40)

192.168.50.1/28 (id 50)

This all works fine, however, when I create a seventh vlan with DHCP enabled, my Windows test client gives me the error "unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out." Other devices like iPhone through wireless connection on the same vlan are'nt working either. Reboots and recreating the vlan doesn't make any sense.

I am using a ER605 v2 router with the latest firmware 2.2.4 Build 20240119 Rel.44368

Please help.

Options
5 Reply
Re:No DHCP on newly created VLAN
2024-06-03 01:03:49

Hi @Danielos 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

What's the 7th VLAN int like? CIDR? Is there anything else special about the port?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-06-03 06:18:08

Hi @Clive_A 

Thank you for your quick response.

The 7th vlan is in the same pattern which I created the other one's, I should have mention in my first post, it's like:

192.168.60.1/28 (vlan id 60)

I configured the vlan to a specific port on a TL-SG2008 v4.20 which I connected my Windows laptop for testing. Unfortunately with no result.

When I switch the same port to one of the existing vlans it works like a charm.

I am using the Omada ecosystem with a OC200 hardware controller.

Thank you in advance

Options
2024-06-03 06:20:34

Hi @Danielos 

Danielos wrote

Hi @Clive_A 

Thank you for your quick response.

The 7th vlan is in the same pattern which I created the other one's, I should have mention in my first post, it's like:

192.168.60.1/28 (vlan id 60)

I configured the vlan to a specific port on a TL-SG2008 v4.20 which I connected my Windows laptop for testing. Unfortunately with no result.

When I switch the same port to one of the existing vlans it works like a charm.

I am using the Omada ecosystem with a OC200 hardware controller.

Thank you in advance

Everything looks right to me. This should be full auto and you don't have to configure anything on the OC200.

So, my question is if your system has successfully applied the settings? You can check the Application Result and see if the new VLAN int you created has been applied to them correctly and well.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-06-03 14:34:37

Hi @Clive_A

I checked the Application Result to see if the new VLAN applied correctly and well. I made some changes and added a new Guest vlan as well, all with status succeeded.

See screenprint below (ER605 v2 router):

This is also the case when a check the application result of the switch which I connected my laptop.

Unforntunately still with the same result.

What else can I check?

Regards

Options
2024-06-04 01:00:13

Hi @Danielos 

Danielos wrote

Hi @Clive_A

I checked the Application Result to see if the new VLAN applied correctly and well. I made some changes and added a new Guest vlan as well, all with status succeeded.

See screenprint below (ER605 v2 router):

This is also the case when a check the application result of the switch which I connected my laptop.

Unforntunately still with the same result.

What else can I check?

Regards

VLAN config of each port that finally leads to a device. And the port that the device is connected to. Every port needs to be examined.

Is there anything else related to the VLAN or your diagram missing out telling me?

What if you create a new VLAN 10.0.0.1/24, will this VLAN work?

Possible for you to reset it and restore your current backup?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 281

Replies: 5

Related Articles