2024-06-12 01:39:29
Model: TL-SG105E  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

My current setup at home:

Fibre modem to SG105E 

SG105E split to a router & my PC

Router provides wifi & is also linked to my NAS and TV

The problem i have is that my PC is not sharing the same network with my router, hence i have no access to my NAS from my PC. 

My PC, when set to static IP will not be able to access the internet & only able to connect to the switch. 

I have tried setting my switch to static IP but i am not able to get the router to follow suit. 

What do I have to do to make my PC & router share the same network so the PC can access the NAS linked to the router? 

Thanks in advance! 

Jon 

Options
1 Reply
Re:SG105E & Linksys Router to share same network
2024-06-13 01:54:20

Hi @JonKang 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

This is a regular switch and it is plug-and-play.

With the provided information, I am not able to judge what's wrong.

I recommend you take a look at your config and connection. Something must be improperly configured on your router, switch, or maybe the NAS. You should examine all of them.

If you need the community help, please be specific and provide with details.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 104

Replies: 1

Related Articles