Wireguard IPv6 - can't connect from "outside"

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1

Dears,

due to the fact that my ISP can't provide me a public IPv4 (so DynDNS won't work anymore) I want to connect my iPhone to my local network using wireguard.

From my local network the iPhone can connect without any problems via wireguard to the router so public keys, general settings, etc. should be fine. But from outside my local network I only receive "Handshake did not complete after 5 seconds, retrying..."

Is there anything additional to configure to access the router from outside? I even tried to allow any IPv6 connection in ACL but I still can't connect.

[Interface]
PrivateKey = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Address = 192.168.69.11/24 -> my local network has 192.168.1.1/24 so no collision
DNS = 1.1.1.1

[Peer]
PublicKey = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0, ::/0
Endpoint = [my WAN IPv6 adress 2a00:...]:51820

Thanks a lot in advance and greetings from Hamburg

mojo

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wireguard IPv6 - can't connect from "outside"-Solution

Hi @mojoAction 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Several things you should know:

1. When you connect to the server, you should use the WANv6 IP address. Not sure if you are doing so.

2. If you are v6 as for the endpoint, I think you should use v6 for the interface and allowed IP.

3. Currently, we don't support v6 IP in WG VPN.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireguard IPv6 - can't connect from "outside"-Solution

Hi @mojoAction 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Several things you should know:

1. When you connect to the server, you should use the WANv6 IP address. Not sure if you are doing so.

2. If you are v6 as for the endpoint, I think you should use v6 for the interface and allowed IP.

3. Currently, we don't support v6 IP in WG VPN.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 105

Replies: 1

Related Articles