ER7206 V1_1.4.2 Build 20240618 Pre-Release Firmware (Released on Jun 14th, 2024)

ER7206 V1_1.4.2 Build 20240618 Pre-Release Firmware (Released on Jun 14th, 2024)

a week ago - last edited Friday
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.2 Build 20240618 (Beta)

This Article Applies to

ER7206(UN) V1 1.4.2_Build 20240614 (Beta)

Release Notes

Bug Fixed:

1. Fixed some known security vulnerabilities.
2. Fixed the bug that Url Filter and Web filter not working caused by browser upgrades such as Chrome/Edge.
3. Fixed the bug that Wireguard VPN failed to detect a state disconnection.
4. Fixed the bug that DNS proxy may work abnormally when multiple WAN ports obtain the same DNS server.
5. Fixed the the compatibility problem with OpenVPN connect 3.4.0.

Firmware Download

Before the Upgrade

(1) Please be sure you have read the Beta Test Agreement before upgrading the Beta firmware!

(2) You may follow the following guide to upgrade your Omada devices. How to Upgrade/Downgrade Omada Gateways

Firmware Download Link

ER7206(UN) V1_1.4.2_Build 20240614 (Pre-Release)

ER7206(UN) V1_1.4.2_Build 20240618 (Pre-Release)

Notes:

(1) The above firmware is ONLY applied to ER7206 V1. Beware!!! TL-ER7206 may experience a firmware issue with this version.

(1) The above firmware is applied to ER7206 V1.

(2) Your device’s configuration won’t be lost after upgrading.

Attention:

If your device is bricked due to the firmware upgrade, please use firmware recovery mode and use 1.2.0 to recover. Then you may roll upgrade to 1.4.1 and use the latest version 1.4.2 20240618.

Additional Information

All feedback is welcome, including letting us know about successful device upgrades.

If somehow you encounter an issue during or after the router upgrade, it's suggested to contact us with the following info:

• Omada Controller version 
  • Device Firmware version with Build number (previous and current)

If your router gets bricked during the firmware upgrade, you may follow the guide below to recover the firmware.

How to use the Emergency Mode to recover the firmware for Omada Gateways

Update Log

Jun 20th, 2024:

Update the firmware link.

Fix the problem where TL-ER7206 or ER7206(made in 2021 - SN: Y21) may become brick after the upgrade. 

Jun 18th, 2024:

Removed the download link temporarily. Now it is reinstated.

Add one piece of note.

Jun 14th, 2024:

Release of this post.

Recommended Threads

Get the Latest Firmware Releases for Omada Routers Here - Subscribe for Updates

Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here - Subscribe for Updates

Experience the Latest Omada EAP Firmware - Trial Available Here, Subscribe for Updates!

Current Available Solutions to Omada Router Related Issues [Actively Updated, Post for Subscription]

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
37 Reply
Re:ER7206 V1_1.4.2 Build 20240614 Pre-Release Firmware (Released on Jun 14th, 2024)
a week ago

@Clive_A 

upgraded 4 of mine... and all seems to be working like normal.  Will test this weekend. 

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
Re:ER7206 V1_1.4.2 Build 20240614 Pre-Release Firmware (Released on Jun 14th, 2024)
a week ago

Release Notes

Bug Fixed:

I was hoping the above would fix the Dashboard widget and corretly show which WireGuard VPN clients were actively connected, but they still all show the green dot regardless of connection status.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Clive_A 

In my enthusiasm, I have updated my ER7206 V1 router with this firmware, as I usually do when new beta firmware arrives. Especially security fixes are important for me. Unfortunately, my router seems to be dead now, and not coming back to life anymore. I have updated the router via the usual method, as I always do. After upgrading, which seems te be succesfull, my router did not connect to any ports anymore after rebooting. 

I was desparate, and used the emergency mode to upgrade again. I am able to enter the emergency mode,  but unfortunately, this isn't my lucky day, and after the update completes, the router reboots, and does not even show a connection LAN (or WAN) light anymore for connected devices.

Second try: I have used the official firmware 1.4.1 (not the beta) via the emergency mode, and again, the same happens... No layer 1 connection on any of the ports.

Please be warned to all that this could cost you a whole evening of trying... I ended up installing a Zyxel router to have at least an internet connection... And ofcourse having a defective ER7206 right now... But worst: two kids crying that they can't watch their favourite cartoons...

My ER7206 was working like a charm before, but now it's a black brick...

Options
Sunday

Hi  @muzicman0 

muzicman0 wrote

Release Notes

Bug Fixed:

I was hoping the above would fix the Dashboard widget and corretly show which WireGuard VPN clients were actively connected, but they still all show the green dot regardless of connection status.

Would be best for you to mark up your controller version. It could be a problem with the controller though. The widget feedback on controller page.

Will check this when I am back office.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Sunday

Hi  @KimcheeGUN 

KimcheeGUN wrote

@Clive_A 

upgraded 4 of mine... and all seems to be working like normal.  Will test this weekend. 

Good to know.

Options
Sunday - last edited Sunday

@Clive_A 

An update regarding the reported issue above:

It seems that only port 5 is working now. The other ports do not work anymore, only when entering the emergency mode.

Once a cable is connected, I am able to get an IP address (192.168.0.100), and even able to enter the web interface! But... It is the web GUI of the WVR450G router?!:

Was the wrong firmware posted and presented as firmware for the ER7206 V1? I have ofcourse used the download link in this forum. 

When trying to upload another version for the ER7206, the webgui says "upgrade failed". Probably because the router now thinks he is a WVR450R now. When I use the emergency mode to upload the correct firmware for the ER7206 (I've tried 1.40, 1.41 and 1.42), the upgrade process starts, goes to 1.3 percent and jumps to 40.3 procent instantly. The router reboots, but it looks like the same firmware which was on the router already, is still there. It identifies itself as a WVR450R.

Please advise what to do, as the trigger of this behaviour was the upgrade of the new (beta) firmware. Emergency mode isn't working. 

Thanks.

Options
Monday - last edited Tuesday

Hi @Tha_host 

Tha_host wrote

@Clive_A 

An update regarding the reported issue above:

It seems that only port 5 is working now. The other ports do not work anymore, only when entering the emergency mode.

Once a cable is connected, I am able to get an IP address (192.168.0.100), and even able to enter the web interface! But... It is the web GUI of the WVR450G router?!:

Was the wrong firmware posted and presented as firmware for the ER7206 V1? I have ofcourse used the download link in this forum. 

When trying to upload another version for the ER7206, the webgui says "upgrade failed". Probably because the router now thinks he is a WVR450R now. When I use the emergency mode to upload the correct firmware for the ER7206 (I've tried 1.40, 1.41 and 1.42), the upgrade process starts, goes to 1.3 percent and jumps to 40.3 procent instantly. The router reboots, but it looks like the same firmware which was on the router already, is still there. It identifies itself as a WVR450R.

Please advise what to do, as the trigger of this behaviour was the upgrade of the new (beta) firmware. Emergency mode isn't working. 

Thanks.

Well, everyone else has upgraded successfully without any issues, what's the possibility that I mistakenly uploaded the firmware?

This issue should be fixed by firmware recovery and there were users reporting this resolved by firmware upgrade.

If this does not work for you, what was the firmware you uploaded? Full file name.

What mode did you use?

What was the previous firmware number you upgraded from? You cannot skip some versions as the official website has clearly iterated that.

Would expect more information from you.

In addition, please upload a picture of the label which shows the model number.

Please mosaic your sensitive information. Here is a list of information considered sensitive:

1. Public IP address on your WAN if your WAN is.

2. Real MAC address of your device.

3. Your personal information including address, domain name, and credentials.

For troubleshooting purposes, when a WAN IP is needed, please leave some values visible for identification.

Options
Monday

@Clive_A Same issue, only port 5 works. do you know how to revert to the old one ?

Options
Tuesday - last edited Tuesday

The gateway is pemndimg adopting and says the model is null vnull and it is different than what was registred before.. F1! F1!

Options
Tuesday - last edited Tuesday

Hi @crrodriguez 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

crrodriguez wrote

The gateway is pemndimg adopting and says the model is null null and it is different than what was registred before.. F1! F1!

Controller model and version number.

What file did you upload? A screenshot would be great.

What was the previous firmware number?

For the problem, to revert, use the firmware recovery.

Options