ER7206 V1_1.4.2 Build 20240618 Pre-Release Firmware (Released on Jun 14th, 2024)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER7206 V1_1.4.2 Build 20240618 Pre-Release Firmware (Released on Jun 14th, 2024)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
37 Reply
Re:ER7206 V1_1.4.2 Build 20240614 Pre-Release Firmware (Released on Jun 14th, 2024)
a week ago

@Clive_A 

Controller : OC200 5.14.20.21

file that was downloaded: The link posted on this topic, first message, checked twice to be absolutely sure it is.

previous firmware: latest stable ER7206(UN)_V1_1.4.1 Build 20240117

Options
Re:ER7206 V1_1.4.2 Build 20240614 Pre-Release Firmware (Released on Jun 14th, 2024)
a week ago

Hi @crrodriguez 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

crrodriguez wrote

@Clive_A 

Controller : OC200 5.14.20.21

file that was downloaded: The link posted on this topic, first message, checked twice to be absolutely sure it is.

previous firmware: latest stable ER7206(UN)_V1_1.4.1 Build 20240117

File full name with extensions.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
a week ago
ER7206 v1_1.4.2_20240614(Beta).zip was unpacked and flashed via the oc200 firmware upgrade dialog.
Options
a week ago
I have temporarly reconfigured the network to work with just port 5.. the SFP port that I use as WAN lucky continues working . all but the 5th ethernet port are dead.
Options
a week ago

Hi @crrodriguez 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240632306, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
a week ago

@Clive_A 

I have RMA-ed my ER7206 to my local TP-Link office in the Netherlands and is underway already. To be honest, you were not very helpful, and at least you was in doubt that it was the new firmware that causes the problems. I am somehow "glad" (sorry for the ones who suffer with the same issue) that I am not the only one who have this problem. 

In my RMA request I have mentioned this thread, hoping that they could at least diagnose the issue (even though my ER7206 is dead except for port 5).

Options
a week ago

@Tha_host 

Tha_host wrote

@Clive_A 

I have RMA-ed my ER7206 to my local TP-Link office in the Netherlands and is underway already. To be honest, you were not very helpful, and at least you was in doubt that it was the new firmware that causes the problems. I am somehow "glad" (sorry for the ones who suffer with the same issue) that I am not the only one who have this problem. 

In my RMA request I have mentioned this thread, hoping that they could at least diagnose the issue (even though my ER7206 is dead except for port 5).

If you have read the beta test agreement, this situation is within the expected range. And you were supposed to work with us on the problem by providing the information that we require to locate the problem.

We so far just located that TL-ER7206 unlike ER7206 would experience such an issue from the code level. We don't have any further comment on this as we don't have enough samples to confirm this.

TL-ER7206 and ER7206 are the same projects but two different models with slight differences in the code level.

Firmware recovery can fix the problem. The firmware recovery should use 1.2.0 firmware which is what I thought earlier. In the last few upgrades, the system requires to keep HTTPS open and prerequisite firmware.

Options
a week ago

@Clive_A 

And again, there is the "friendly and helpful" tone of voice again....

"You should this, you should that"... 

Ofcourse I have read the beta test agreement. Ofcourse I know that these kind of things could happen. And ofcourse, I was willing to help. I've provided screenshots, posted comments, etc. But once I see that you don't want to help and have doubts about everything I have posted, I gave up and send the (TL-)ER7206 in for a replacement. 

It's up to you and your team to decide to take things seriously and want to research this issue seriously or not. I have sent my (TL-)ER7206 to TP-Link The Netherlands, in Nieuwegein. It will arrive tomorrow. The RMA number is RMANL16138. You are free to contact them, and let them do research the issue. Let them judge whether it's a "user error", or just an error in the firmware, which I already have stated. 

Options
a week ago

Hi @Tha_host 

At least, I don't think it is wrong to have a grain of salt and verify if everything is done by the book while others are reporting something different from yours. smiley

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Clive_A 

Oh man, this is scary. I have the ER7206 V1 that is about two years old and it should be the right model. For the most part it bricked my router. The only wan port that works is the last LAN port now, and Omada does not reconise it. See the screenshots. NULL/NULL

Omada Software Controller version 5.14.20.9 with one sg3429MP and one er660HD. All of that is fine but the router is gone wayward. 

The bad part is I tried to flash the old formware back in and it wont let me. I reset it and get it back up to work, but its divirced from omada at the time. I hope you guys get this fixed.

File Uploaded

Options