Switch TL-SX3008F not work

2024-06-17 21:32:16
Model: TL-SX3008F  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20210316 Rel.70629

Hello !!

I am trying to configure this switch with a router that delivers DHCP but the computers connected to the switch are not able to receive IP from the router. Let's say it's a traditional connection between a router and a switch in which the switch is used to communicate equipment with SFP+ multimode Fibre but if each equipment is left unconfigured, they don't receive IP from the router.

To the switch (TL-SX3008F) I can connect to its management web site at IP 192.168.0.1 from my computer connected to the sfp+ fibre port using any IP in the range (in my case I used 192.168.0.100) and I can see the management page.

The problem is that I have tried several ways to get the router to give IP to the computers connected to this switch via SFP+ but none of them manage to receive IP from the router.

It seems that the switch (TL-SX3008F) is blocking me from negotiating to receive IP from the DHP on the router.

I have tried connecting the router to the switch with SFP+ cable to any port on the switch, and also using a RJ45 to SFP+ transceiver (2.5GB) which I plug into the switch and from the router using a RJ45 cable I connect the router and the switch.

I have checked the settings but I don't see anything that could cause a problem.

The only way to communicate to all computers through the switch is that each computer I set an IP using a different range but all can see and transmit files, the problem is that they have no internet unless with the second traditional network card I connect directly to the router which is the way we are working now but it is not the idea that each team uses 2 network cards if for that we buy the switch and remove the network card by RJ45.

Thanks !!!

I need urgent help as I have not been able to get this to work for several days.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Switch TL-SX3008F not work
2024-06-18 01:58:45 - last edited 2024-06-18 03:07:46

Hi @Darkladen 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Not sure what mode you use.

But if you did not change anything on the ports, it should be plug-and-play.

VLAN 1 is transferred to the switch directly. I recommend you re-examine your whole setup if something is configured and you missed that.

BTW, you need to upgrade the firmware to the latest.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 291

Replies: 1

Related Articles