2024-03-24 21:01:26 - last edited 2024-04-01 02:55:22
Model: TL-SX3008F  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.20.0 Build 20231011 Rel.42220

Hello,

My internet modem is ATT fiber Model: BGW320-500

It is connected to Port 1 on SX3008F

My main computer is connected to Port 2 on SX3008F

All other computers are connected to a 24-Port unmanaged switch (SW24-2-2G) via Port 8 on SX3008F

I am just trying to setup one simple vlan with dhcp.  I am getting the correct ip allocation - but no internet access on ipv4.

I can't even ping the gateway IP of the ATT modem (192.168.88.254)

Here are the settings snapshots:

PLEASE advise!

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:SX3008F vlan no internet access-Solution
2024-03-25 01:40:23 - last edited 2024-04-01 02:55:22

Hi @ecovalence 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Please kindly read the community guides and check out what we have on the forum:

You should read what is written in the note part. That explains the situation like yours.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-26 01:29:57 - last edited 2024-04-01 02:55:29

Hi @ecovalence 

ecovalence wrote

@Clive_A 

I read those things.  I guess I should have paid closer attention to the red text:
-----------------------------

If your model is NOT a TP-Link Omada or Safestream router, you may also follow the guide above. But make sure it has multi-net NAT function or you will NOT be able to achieve multiple networks with Internet access.

Internet access replies on the multi-net NAT.

Static RoutingDHCP, and 802.1Q VLAN do NOT provide the Internet.

In layman's terms; the TL-SX3008F is mostly designed to work only with Omada or Safestream routers.  Most of the features and functions are dependent on multi-net NAT capability of the upstream router.

It just seems mind boggling to me that with all the tech built into this gear, why wouldn't they include a configurable WAN port and multi-net NAT?  

Looking at the compatible routers, the only one that doesn't create a massive bottleneck on a 10Gbe network is the ER8411, and just barely at that (8 of the 1Gbe LAN ports are useless).  I hesitate to buy this because I have two separate 5Gbe synchronous fiber connections to the internet, and this will only handle one.

I bought this gear for the 10GBe ports and DHCP with TFTP options.  I was hoping someone here would be familiar with the BGW320 and know a way around buying another router, perhaps with IP Passthrough and/or buying static IPs for the Public Subnets options on the BGW320.  This would probably require the SX3008F to facilitate Inter-VLAN Routing, which I can't find any information on.

Any help here is much appreciated.

Correct about this highlighted part.

That ER8411 is indeed the 10Gb router we have. So far I haven't heard any news about a new model yet. If you have two lines, that indeed does not work with this router. 

Even if there is LAG, that is not layer 4 LAG and we cannot add up the speed to meet the speed of 10Gbps.

The easiest way would be for you to get a device that can do both multi-net NAT as well as having at least 3 SFP+ ports.

There isn't anything else you should do with the 3008F but a static routing and a DHCP on it. In the FAQ I listed in note, 887, you should follow the steps on configuring the switch.

As for the router, it depends on what router you have. Multi-nets NAT should be configured properly to get the network to have Internet access.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
2024-03-25 01:40:23 - last edited 2024-04-01 02:55:22

Hi @ecovalence 

Please kindly read the community guides and check out what we have on the forum:

You should read what is written in the note part. That explains the situation like yours.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:SX3008F vlan no internet access
2024-03-25 12:42:07

@Clive_A 

I read those things.  I guess I should have paid closer attention to the red text:

If your model is NOT a TP-Link Omada or Safestream router, you may also follow the guide above. But make sure it has multi-net NAT function or you will NOT be able to achieve multiple networks with Internet access.

In layman's terms; the TL-SX3008F is mostly designed to work only with Omada or Safestream routers.  Most of the features and functions are dependent on multi-net NAT capability of the upstream router.

It just seems mind boggling to me that with all the tech built into this gear, why wouldn't they include a configurable WAN port and multi-net NAT?  

Looking at the compatible routers, the only one that doesn't create a massive bottleneck on a 10Gbe network is the ER8411, and just barely at that (8 of the 1Gbe LAN ports are useless).  I hesitate to buy this because I have two separate 5Gbe synchronous fiber connections to the internet, and this will only handle one.

I bought this gear for the 10GBe ports and DHCP with TFTP options.  I was hoping someone here would be familiar with the BGW320 and know a way around buying another router, perhaps with IP Passthrough and/or buying static IPs for the Public Subnets options on the BGW320.  This would probably require the SX3008F to facilitate Inter-VLAN Routing, which I can't find any information on.

Options
2024-03-26 01:29:57 - last edited 2024-04-01 02:55:29

Hi @ecovalence 

ecovalence wrote

@Clive_A 

Correct about this highlighted part.

That ER8411 is indeed the 10Gb router we have. So far I haven't heard any news about a new model yet. If you have two lines, that indeed does not work with this router. 

Even if there is LAG, that is not layer 4 LAG and we cannot add up the speed to meet the speed of 10Gbps.

The easiest way would be for you to get a device that can do both multi-net NAT as well as having at least 3 SFP+ ports.

There isn't anything else you should do with the 3008F but a static routing and a DHCP on it. In the FAQ I listed in note, 887, you should follow the steps on configuring the switch.

As for the router, it depends on what router you have. Multi-nets NAT should be configured properly to get the network to have Internet access.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:SX3008F vlan no internet access
2024-03-28 20:35:10
Thanks, I went ahead and bought an ER8411
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 179

Replies: 4

Related Articles