My EAP225's keep disconnecting

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 Build 20200113 Rel: 35383

Hello

I have 2 EAP225's V1.1 and periodically they keep disconnecting. The firmware is up to date.

Omada Controller V3 3.2.17

I have tried rebooting today but still cannot get them to connect. 

I am wondering if I need to update the Omada Controller? And if so what do I need to do to transfer the EAP's and data over?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I don't want to guess and make the situation worse!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tania

Options
1 Reply
Re:My EAP225's keep disconnecting
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Tanny 

EAP disconnect from the controller indicates that the link between the two is lost. To test the connection between EAPs, use the controller host computer to send ping requests. Furthermore, you should check whether the physical connection of the EAPs to the front end router is working properly.If there is a connection issue, updating firmware will not resolve the disconnect. However, you can still update the firmware of the controller and the EAP225 to more recent firmware because the newer firmware includes more features than the older ones.Compare your current firmware with the latest firmware; there is a significant difference, thus the backup file cannot be uploaded to the latest firmware. I suggest that you reconfigure it after updating it.

Download the Controller firmware from there

Download the EAP225 Outdoor firmware from there

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options