Can't login anymore on controller because missing WAN DNS and 2FA activated

a week ago - last edited Friday
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.8.38

Hello,

Yesterday, I received from my ISP a new modem. Which is actually a modem/router/wifi station. Previously, I had a modem only device.

Unfortunately, I can't put the modem/router/wifi station in bridge mode. So I created a DMZ on the modem/router/wifi station to my ER7212

On my ER7212, I set up a fixed IP on the WAN side. But didn't fill in the optional (!) DNS settings.

The result now is that I can ping every IP on the internet from my computers. And when I set up a manual DNS address in the network card of my local devices. It just works.

Now, when I want to enter the built-in controller of my ER7212. And I fill in my TP-Link cloud credentials, the authentication takes like 30sec and then shows the message "please, check network connection". This is probably because I activated 2FA on my account, and 2FA can't reach the internet due to the missing DNS settings on the WAN side of my ER7212.

Trying to enter with the local admin account, doesn't work either. I must forgot that password or something...

Any thoughts how I can still enter my ER7212 built-in controller? Without going for the full reset?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't login anymore on controller because missing WAN DNS and 2FA activated-Solution
Monday - last edited Friday

@BlueSkyraider 

For the DNS issue, if you leave the DNS config blank, clients will try to obtain a DNS server from the modem(your Internet service provider).

No need to reset the ER7212PC, you can refer to the last part of this link to disable 2FA:  What is 2FA and how to use it in Omada platform

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't login anymore on controller because missing WAN DNS and 2FA activated-Solution
Monday - last edited Friday

@BlueSkyraider 

For the DNS issue, if you leave the DNS config blank, clients will try to obtain a DNS server from the modem(your Internet service provider).

No need to reset the ER7212PC, you can refer to the last part of this link to disable 2FA:  What is 2FA and how to use it in Omada platform

Recommended Solution
Options