I can't access router by domain

2024-01-19 20:45:42 - last edited 2024-01-22 02:40:17
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20230901 Rel.55651

Hello,

I have a dedicated internet link with a fixed IP and another common link, both are connected to the router, with the fixed IP being the primary wan.
I currently use a domain redirected to this IP and access virtual machines using port forwarding.

I configured the ports on the router (NAT > Port Forwarding) but I can't access it via the domain, it only works on the local IP of the primary wan.

What else do I need to configure to gain external access via the domain?

Thank you for your help

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:I can't access router by domain-Solution
2024-01-22 02:40:13 - last edited 2024-01-22 02:40:17

Hi @localsig 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. This is an integraded product, you don't have the Remote Management like the standalone mode models.

2. Usually, you need to find out the port used for the controller. The software controller is using 8043 while your model might use 443(HTTPS).

Software controller as an example.

3. Port forward the port accordingly. If you are using 443, you port forward 443.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:I can't access router by domain
2024-01-20 07:46:37 - last edited 2024-01-22 02:36:06

@localsig 

you need to enable 'Remote management' , see this thread https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/650378

Options
2024-01-21 02:26:32

@localsig 

As a 7212pc, what ports did you open? It's not the same as other models. So question is if you have port forward correctly?

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
Re:I can't access router by domain-Solution
2024-01-22 02:40:13 - last edited 2024-01-22 02:40:17

Hi @localsig 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. This is an integraded product, you don't have the Remote Management like the standalone mode models.

2. Usually, you need to find out the port used for the controller. The software controller is using 8043 while your model might use 443(HTTPS).

Software controller as an example.

3. Port forward the port accordingly. If you are using 443, you port forward 443.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-22 07:51:12

@localsig 

sorry for my incorrect post. Must check the model number better next timesad

Options
2024-01-22 08:49:32

Hi @MisterW

MisterW wrote

@localsig 

sorry for my incorrect post. Must check the model number better next timesad

You've been greatly helpful. Don't worry.

Options